1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

ID Help for a "Daniel Axe."

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Joseph Harmon, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Joseph Harmon

Joseph Harmon

Nov 14, 2020
    Hi All,

I just recently purchased an axe from an antiques store. It has no marks on it except for a "DANIEL AXE." (No size marks or any other makers marks).

After doing some fairly brief research the only "Daniel" that I could find associated with the axe industry was a Mr. Daniel Simmons of the D. Simmons and Co. However, I don't believe that this is a Simmons axe.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Some pictures are below.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  2. crbnSteeladdict

crbnSteeladdict

Jul 31, 2017
    Sorry, "Daniel Axe" does not ring a bell. The shape of the bevels might point to Lippincott & Hubbard and AA&TCo.

A17 likes this.
  3. Joseph Harmon

Joseph Harmon

Nov 14, 2020
    Thanks,

I ended up getting the axe pretty near the NH border and I guess there was a factory up there. It was home to a few different axe manufacturing companies (Underhill Axe Co. , Amoskeag Axe Co.)

Point is, is that they were bought out by AA&T in 1890 (Could explain the AA&T hunch). Doesnt explain the "Daniel" but it could be something from the Underhill Axe Co. Or Amoskeag Axe.

Thanks again.