1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

ID Kami marks

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Fourgates, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Fourgates

Fourgates

Oct 24, 2011
    First I want to thank Ms. Yangdu for taking care of me and sending me the CAK. I have yet to chop with it, but it's certainly built more stoutly then the Hanuman. I need some help id'ing Kami marks. I can't seem to find it in the library. Maybe you can help me?

Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dirtbiker

Dirtbiker

Jul 2, 2010
    Bhakta is your maker.

3. Fourgates

Fourgates

Oct 24, 2011
    Thank you :).

4. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
  5. stickfred

stickfred

Nov 6, 2009
    To me, that seems odd. Maybe its just the newer Hanumans, perhaps its just the one that I have. My 18.75" Hanuman is a slightly better chopper than the 16" CAK with weight comparisons of 33.5oz for the Hanuman and 29.3oz for the CAK. The Hanuman is about as beefy as I would want to get--I still have to trim down the handle a little to fit my hand better. When asked what type of blade was on the Hanuman, Uncle Bill called it a "full Ang Khola".

6. bdgackle

bdgackle

Jan 18, 2008
    I have the same blade by the same maker. (Beautiful blade - I'll be posting a full review when I get a chance).

I'm curious about the dots near the characters. Are these simply a part of a visual design, an indication of orientation (and if so, which way is "up"), or part of the characters themselves? Also, this mark appears to be mostly writing. Does anyone know what it actually says, or represents, beyond showing who made the blade?