1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

ID khukri

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by jamaljahda, Jan 30, 2011.

1. jamaljahda

jamaljahda

Mar 4, 2009
  2. Duzzy

Duzzy

Sep 1, 2009
    I don't think those are HI models, but a hidden tang ASTK at 15 inches and 16 oz would be close methinks.

3. stickfred

stickfred

Nov 6, 2009
    jamaljahda, my guess in the first picture is that the first khukuri is a WWI style. The fifth photo looks Salyan-like to these older eyes, although it could be a BAS style or other military issue. One thing that makes it hard is not being able to see representative khuks in the same angle as the pictures. Another difficulty lies in the fact that although the Gorkhas were issued their military khukuri for training, inspection and parade, they were allowed to bring their khukuri and carry it in battle. This khuk could be any style and any age with many being passed down through generations.

At the bottom of the HI FAQ page(http://www.himalayan-imports.com/FAQindex.html) is a listing for "some old FAQ pages". The "Modern Military Khukuris" and "Traditional Styles" are what I checked in reference to your question, although there are many good links there. Good luck finding out what styles are represented in the pictures. Since I know that I can't give an answer with certainty, perhaps someone else will come along and do better than I have.

Peace

Rick

4. jamaljahda

jamaljahda

Mar 4, 2009
    Thanks i just really like the style of that 1st one.

5. Tohatchi NM

Tohatchi NM

Mar 26, 2002
    You might want to check out the deal of the day post from 1/3 - first two khuks in the group shot have some similar lines to the two you picked out (mostly pointier-than-normal for HI). The British Army Service model also has similar lines - in pointier versions, that is.