If you had to pick one Victorinox, which one would it be?

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by VicAlox74, Oct 9, 2019.

1. TrapperMike

TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    It would have to be the recruit for me. Simple and lite. It's easy to carry and it can tackle a fair share of work. Mine was a gift from my kids so its sentimental also. Hears mine helping out in the garden a few weeks ago.
    [​IMG]

R.c.s, Grateful, allenC and 6 others like this.
  2. NMpops

NMpops

Aug 9, 2010
    If just one it would be a Pioneer.

redsparrow, allenC and Storm 8593 like this.
  3. Sayoc01

Sayoc01

Nov 19, 2009
    Simple...I looked at the SWISS ARMY KNIVES on Amazon.com.Spent quite a bit of time going thru pages of My Fav.SAK! So, I bought one ,not two or three, just ONE!! Multitool S18!! I'll get it delivered 6/3/20!
    Jim

redsparrow, Storm 8593 and jmh33 like this.
  4. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Farmer for me I own several and almost always have one on me no matter what I'm doing. The Awl and saw with a single blade handle most chores I run into if I don't have a larger knife handy at the time ... and the fact they are Alox is a huge bonus IMO.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    redsparrow, allenC, Welshie12 and 2 others like this.
  5. CSG

CSG

Dec 15, 2007
    Either the Ambassador, which I carried for years, or the Executive which I recently learned, bought and now carry. I always carry a larger folder clipped into my opposite pocket. I use the toothpick, tweezers, nail file, and scissors far more than the blades of a SAK. I do keep a couple of old Champion Plus models in each vehicle and have Cadets, Pioneers, Farmers, Climbers, Classics, OHTs, and a few other assorted SAKs but none would be an only for me. I don't need to use a SAK to turn screws very often and can't think of the last time I did.

If there is a Cellidor SAK with a blade, nail file, scissors, cork screw, and awl that wasn't too big or loaded with other tools, I'd love to know the model.

Edited to add: Looks like the Evolution S14 models come pretty close but has the openers. Might try one for fun.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    Storm 8593 and allenC like this.
  6. sonofwilfred

sonofwilfred Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 23, 2015
    The Swiss Champ.

Welshie12 and jmh33 like this.
  7. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

8. drail

drail

Feb 23, 2008
    Original Trekker (non one handed)

jmh33 likes this.
  9. jeepin

jeepin Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2003
    My Swisstool or Spirit and that will never change.

10. Country_Squire

Country_Squire

Apr 7, 2019
    If I could only have one I’d choose the Pioneer Rancher. I find the small pruning blade to be very handy and it’s nice to have two blades with very different shapes.

Pomsbz, jmh33 and Storm 8593 like this.
  11. Jody744

Jody744 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Pioneer, after decades of having Vic knives, and at least 30 other Vic knives

jmh33 and Storm 8593 like this.
  12. WhoseWoodsTheseAre

WhoseWoodsTheseAre

Jun 4, 2020
    Cadet. Unlike most, I need the file... And I rarely need the scissors.

redsparrow likes this.
  13. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    The file is a major reason I carry either a Sportsman or an Evogrip more often than other SAKs.

14. jazzz

jazzz

Feb 1, 2009
    I love the file/nail cleaner. I’m a cook. I like cleanliness.

15. allenC

allenC

Jun 18, 2000
    I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of a Vic Evo 14 Grip, which might become my newest most perfect SAK.
    It's basically a smaller Climber with a nail fail instead of a small pen blade.
    We'll see once it's in my hands.

16. allenC

allenC

Jun 18, 2000
    Well, the Evo 14 Grip did arrive this afternoon and this is what I like and what I dislike:
    *The Evo scales. Yep, they really do feel better in the hand than the standard SAK scales, and less slippery too.
    *The slightly shorter length than the Climber. It doesn't make much difference in my grip, but the shorter length is nice in my pocket.
    *The way the screwdriver/bottle-opener locks when pressure is applied.
    *The blade itself. While it is slightly shorter than the Climber's blade, it's also just a tad thinner...it's almost as thin as the small pen blade of the Climber.
    When I'm using my Climber or Explorer I usually use the small blade instead of the larger blade because it cuts so well and also offers the most control.
    *The fact that the nail file's rough surface is on the outside against the liner. This is much better than the file being on the inside against the main blade like on my Tourist model or my Moneyclip model...when opening the nail file on those models the rough surface scrapes the side and spine of the main blade.

Dislikes:
    *The large flat-tip screwdrive blade (on the bottle-opener) is slightly smaller than the typical SAK.

Not sure yet:
    *The scissors. I like the spring system of the Evo (I've had plenty of Vic springs break), but I'm not sure on the serrations.
    Time will tell.
    Will the Evo 14 Grip become my new favorite...maybe so!

Here's a pic with my Buck 112 Slim...

[​IMG]

Grateful, Lee D, Ace Rimmer and 2 others like this.