If you were to go to war today, which knife would you take with you?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by SanLuisObispo, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Atomic Inc

Atomic Inc Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 7, 2021
    Leatherman charge or signal for no less than 1,000 different uses

Butter knife because 99% of the time your MRE isn't coming with one. Only those high end society types get butter knives in their bags

If we gotta go hand to hand then somebody screwed up big time down the line. I'm not carrying a fixed blade that my leatherman doesn't already have covered so maybe something like the Recon Survival Tool. I could see some good practical application for that during times of battle and between

2. HOKIE_FAN

HOKIE_FAN

Aug 7, 2010
    [​IMG]
    I'd use my Emerson Tiger..great knife, Inexpensive to replace...and most importantly the bullet makes me look extra tactical and my skull bead will scare the enemy.

bdcochran and Atomic Inc like this.
  3. bigfish

bigfish Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 13, 2004
    My Andrew Jordan Commander Bowie with HOG secundary knife and a Leatherman Wave.

4. betzner

betzner CenCal Coast Platinum Member

Jan 23, 2007
    LURQUIN "APOCALYPTIC"

114.JPG

jaypopsti and Atomic Inc like this.
  5. bryan123

bryan123

Feb 7, 2017
    Either the Opinel 0008 Tactical Weapon System or the Nick Shabazz Autographed Z Hunter.

sabre cat likes this.
  6. BillZee

BillZee

Apr 30, 2020
    Being in a war in the twenty-first what knife your carrying would be your least concern.........

Pomsbz likes this.
  7. BitingSarcasm

BitingSarcasm Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 25, 2014
    I would take the knives that are currently attached to an elite military unit, with their owners still wearing them.

Hanne762 and sabre cat like this.
  8. bdcochran

bdcochran

Jan 2, 2012
    I have a letter basket at the front door. Have multiple plain edge Enduras in the basket. Most days, like today, I wear gym shorts outdoors. If I walk at night, still gym shorts. If I put on a windbreaker or a leather jacket, there is a folder in a pocket of the windbreaker already.

1. I don't want to give any indication that I am carrying.
    2. I am not using the knife as a work tool outside the house - only as a defensive tool.
    3. Many Enduras were picked up used, with broken plastic clips at a superdiscount. If plastic, just grind down. If metal, simply remove.
    4. People sometimes think in terms of employment only in terms of deployment. I think in terms of situational awareness and already have a knife out if I sense danger. A folder does have to open and exposing a blade to use as a yawara stick. Like in the PRC, I had a Buck 110 already in my hand and unopened in a bad area.

9. CWL

CWL

Sep 15, 2002
    Straight handled entrenching tool and Gerber multitool with crimper.

old hippy and Atomic Inc like this.
  10. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    The reason I ask was because I was curious. My wife has an Endura that I have used a little. The whole thing just kind of feels foreign to me but I gotta admit, it is a very nice knife. I really like the blade geometry. Steel too.

11. kobold

kobold

Aug 23, 2020
    Fixed: Bark River Bravo 1,25 3V LT
    Folder: Spyderco Military Digicam/DLC

A multi-tool is not a knife! :p So honorable mention: the Victorinox Explorer Plus.

Sidehill Gouger likes this.
  12. GermanyChris

GermanyChris

Feb 18, 2015
    Every other time I went to war I carried an AFO, I’d carry the same thing this time.

13. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Gold Member

Oct 11, 2013
    If I was going to war today? It'd be a multitool, because that's what they issue most soldiers these days, since about the only way I'd be "going to war" was if I was a member of our standing military. And really, instead of knives, I'd be bringing my issued rifle, plenty of ammo, and backup in the form of an entire infantry brigade with both air superiority and indirect fire support. (shrug)

14. Stelth

Stelth

Jul 15, 2007
    [​IMG]

000Robert likes this.
  15. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    I'd take my ex-wife's tongue. She could/can slice, dice, or pry anything that would come her way. Pity anyone she would perceive as a threat to her. Should she not be available, I'd most likely carry a Leatherman Super Tool or Wave and maybe a Benchmade Griptilian or like knife.

16. bdcochran

bdcochran

Jan 2, 2012