1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Info on a now banned member

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by MHumbyrd, May 24, 2019.

1. MHumbyrd

MHumbyrd

Oct 23, 2016
    Sorry in advance if I'm going about this all wrong...

I was about to purchase a knife on eBay and decided to do a quick search on BF. After typing the sellers email address into BF, I found this person to be a former member of the forum. They are now banned and I wasn't sure if I could find out more information about this former member (or if the fact that they were banned was info enough.)

Since I'm a basic member and still new to the forum, I wasn't sure if asking for any information from other members was OK and if so, where to post (exchange, GBU...)

Thanks in advance,

Matt

2. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    With a gold membership (I don't know if this applies to other paid memberships) you can see a list of banned members, including the reason for the ban.

I don't know of another way to find out anything about banned members. Hopefully someone else will chime in with a more helpful answer. :)

3. Barman1

Barman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2013
    A: Don't buy the knife
    B: Post up the members forum name and you'll probably be told the info for A:

Dadpool likes this.
  4. Boru13

Boru13 Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Pirate

Apr 25, 2000
    Dadpool likes this.
  5. MHumbyrd

MHumbyrd

Oct 23, 2016
    Thanks for the responses. His forum name was "LOTSOKNIVES" and his email is DIBART101 @ AOL. The only reason I am still entertaining the idea is because I figured out he lives 30 minutes from me and I could possibly meet face to face. However, if the person in question has screwed over a forum member, I can spend my money elsewhere.

WValtakis likes this.
  6. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    I don't know the member, but if you do a search of their posts you will likely see where the problem was. Obviously will be toward the end of their membership.

7. Boru13

Boru13 Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Pirate

Apr 25, 2000
    I doubt if he will be able to find him, I had to search the archives.

@MHumbyrd

@LOTSOKNIVES hasn't been on BF's since March 31st of 2011. It would appear he was banned for continuing to sell as an individual despite numerous warnings that he needed a Dealer membership.

8. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    I was able to find it, but I did have the help of you already identifying the problem, so I knew to search the exchange. The problem could have been anywhere and without the help would have been harder to find