1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Information from Instagram and Facebook!

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by Silver Needle, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Oyster

Oyster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2011
    @Fancier
    No, it was Aug or Sept - whenever they briefly opened up orders for 4.1 F2s.

I realize it’s wishful thinking on my part, but that’s what I was told at the beginning of Oct.

2. LukeTheSpook

LukeTheSpook

Jan 2, 2015
    I ordered mine in March #109XX. Looks like mine may be on that table

Oyster likes this.
  3. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    How much would I like to see those 3.5s on store shelves by Christmas?!

4. ajvail18

ajvail18 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2017
    I have one from early February, hoping it’s on that table.

5. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    I'm right there with you, ordered a 2nd around then but also have a first on order as well as first and second 4LE's and a 3.5 first. I have no special knowledge on the matter but suspect that my order might wait until they have all of it together. *shrug* It'll be an exciting day, should that be that case :cool:

Oyster and Fancier like this.
  6. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Not to derail this thread completely, but I ordered a UB 4.1 in 3V in August.
    It was an irresistibly good price even though I knew that I'd be waiting for it.

7. LukeTheSpook

LukeTheSpook

Jan 2, 2015
    I couldn't turn one down at that price either.

8. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Silver Needle and CataD like this.
  9. CataD

CataD Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Silver Needle likes this.
  10. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    I'll have to send some pics to SURVIVE! I can reach an even larger audience with my photography :D

Fancier, CataD, Oyster and 1 other person like this.
  11. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  12. ajvail18

ajvail18 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Love seeing the updates!

13. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Thanks Silver!
    I just noticed that they aren't handling the blades on top of bath towels like they used to. :D
    Also, I cleaned my glasses but that first picture still looks like they shot it while they were running past the bench.

14. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    I suppose running PAST the knives is better than running WITH the knives :D

Good observations.

Fancier likes this.
  15. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    It's actually a video (mp4 though one could easily convert it to a gif, it's very short), was not intended as a still:

EDIT: WARNING the video is both short and dynamic, i.e. it appears the camera is being rapidly swept forth then back over the boxes, and may result in motion sickness for some viewers. Proceed with caution. ;)

https://scontent-ort2-1.cdninstagra...135_797839580399334_6208982277068758471_n.mp4

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    Fancier likes this.
  16. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Oh, I see, thanks Chiral! :thumbsup:
    Edit: I just clicked on the video and it made me dizzy, so that wasn't much of an improvement. ;)

chiral.grolim likes this.
  17. chiral.grolim

Dec 2, 2008
    Sorry about that, I edited my post to include a warning with the link ;)

Fancier likes this.
  18. LukeTheSpook

LukeTheSpook

Jan 2, 2015
    The funny thing is, the pic of the 4.1's is like 13 knives. I'm curious if that's the entire progress for the week. 13 knives and a pic to show "we're turns and burning here in the shop".

19. CataD

CataD Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 2, 2013
  20. Psybull

Psybull

Dec 31, 2015
    Premium steel overdose!

Silver Needle likes this.