1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Insingo lanyard pin issue

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Wicked Sharp, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Wicked Sharp

Wicked Sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2007
    I just recently purchased a large Insingo and I love it. It is my edc, enc, tcb folder, and I'm not sure it could be improved.:) The only issue that I have noticed (AND THIS IS NOT, I REPEAT NOT A COMPLAINT) is that the lanyard pin will rotate enough to allow the lanyard to contact the blade tip when the knife is closed. I have already lost the first lanyard that came on the knife. However..., if you remove the pin and thread the lanyard through the two vacant holes, it is not possible for the blade tip to cut the lanyard. Has anyone had a similar experience with this or other models???

2. Leonwood

Leonwood

May 22, 2010
    Give crk a call, im interested to what they say. I know before they ever release a new endevor its tested time and time again, and before a knife ever leaves crk its hand checked by 10 people. Could it be that the lanyard isnt cinched tight against the pin, thus contacting the blade edge? Can you try wetting the landyard and retying it, cinching it tight?

3. Greaves

Greaves

Oct 24, 2008
    Mine does this as well and it's just a little frayed. No big deal.

4. Tohatchi NM

Tohatchi NM

Mar 26, 2002
    Interesting. I see the same lanyard contact on mine, but haven't had a problem. As Leonwood suggested, you could shorten up the lanyard so the fat part is closer to the scales and limits the rotation, but this might make the lanyard less useful.

I think the lanyard pivot is the same style as on the Umnumzaan. Has anyone noticed a similar problem with that model?

5. krazichinaman

krazichinaman Moderator Moderator

Jul 8, 2001
    I had the same issue with my Small 21 as well as my small insingo. As mentioned, the removal of the lanyard pin is the only way that I have found to attach a lanyard and not have it make contact with the tip of the blade.

6. Greaves

Greaves

Oct 24, 2008
    Didn't you also mention that standard 550 won't fit in the small Sebenza's lanyard hole?

7. Josh K

Josh K Pirate

Sep 29, 2008
    I actually don't have the lanyard pins for either my Umnumzaan or Large Sebenza. Any chance CRK will sell new ones? :)

8. Greaves

Greaves

Oct 24, 2008
    Definitely. Give them a call.

9. Josh K

Josh K Pirate

Sep 29, 2008
    Sent them an email, shouldn't call in the middle of work. :)

10. Markous

Markous

Sep 9, 2008
    Wicked, I see what you are talking about when i look at my Insingo I haven't had the chance to put any miles on the knife but i wonder would a smaller diameter cord help with the braiding closer to the handle?

Josh these are nice i would get a couple myself if they would only make them without the dog paw on it

11. Josh K

Josh K Pirate

Sep 29, 2008
    I don't know, those look pretty awesome with the dog paw. :)

12. Leonwood

Leonwood

May 22, 2010
    Dont mean to hi jack this thread but, if that bead was rubing the ti sebenza scale when its in your pocket, couldnt it in theory abraid the ti and leave a mark?

13. Wicked Sharp

Wicked Sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2007
    I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar issue with their Insingo. I don't consider this a big deal..., but with time, the blade tip will sever the lanyard (the tips of these are SHARP don'tcha know???). I've put my lanyard pin in the box, and, if I decide to reattach a lanyard, I will use the holes in the scales where the pin was installed. GREAT KNIFE, though. I have tried dozens of high quality, expensive folders before settling on this as my "life blade"!!! DON'T TELL ANYONE..., BUT I AM ALSO FOND OF THE SPYDERCO MILITARY!!!!!:D

14. krazichinaman

krazichinaman Moderator Moderator

Jul 8, 2001
    They will fit in the hole on the scale where the pins attach. From my experience with all 3 of my small sebenzas, I was not able to attach 550 cord onto the lanyard PIN itself. Now, it you decided to gut the cord, it might be a different story.:thumbup:

15. emcarrol

emcarrol

Aug 12, 2008
    hey guys.. a qucik fix for this, although, a bit ghetto, is to put a drop or two of super glue on the paracord at the point of contact (blade to cord) and it will keep your cord from fraying and ultimately coming off! (DO NOT SUPER GLUE THE CORD TO THE PIN, THATS NOT WHAT I MEAN HERE) LOL

If nothing else this will make the lanyard last much longer....

and it is technically not visible (the spot of super glue)

16. mlamb

mlamb

Feb 12, 2006
    I’m having the same issue. I removed the lanyard from my Insingo because it was cutting through and I found that 550 won’t fit the pin hole. Any ideas on a smaller cord size?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011