1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Introducing the Sebenza 31! (21 Is Being Discontinued)

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Lone_Wolfe, Jun 3, 2019.

1. ericlosh

ericlosh

Oct 9, 2013
    that is illegal, you must spend money

loon#r and Lone_Wolfe like this.
  2. CPP

CPP Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Screenshot from Instagram

loon#r and Lone_Wolfe like this.
  3. lemmuhj

lemmuhj Gold Member Gold Member

May 2, 2010
    Now im wondering if the Inkosi lineup will get the one piece inlay??

7east likes this.
  4. Stumpy72

Stumpy72 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 5, 2018
    That was the first question that popped into my mind. I just bought an Inkosi and it’s supposed to get to me today. The story of my life--exquisite timing as always!
    I probably won't jump on a 31 immediately, but if they put out one with Mammoth Bark, Abalone or some other exotic inlays, I’d order that without hesitation.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    lemmuhj likes this.
  5. CPP

CPP Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Then it would be the Inkosi 31

Curl of the Burl and lemmuhj like this.
  6. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 27, 2005
    Huh, now that I think about it, does anyone know why we never got wood and mammoth inlay Inkosi options?

7. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Partly production delays/schedules..partly because Mammoth was disco'd a few yrs ago..partly because if anything, wood would be added before any special or limited inlays.
    All just a guess.

OLd_gUY and Lone_Wolfe like this.
  8. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 27, 2005
    I was just curious because I had noted for a long time that the only special options and wood inlays, even the routine wood inlays, came on 21s.

bhyde likes this.
  9. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Hmmmm..... I don't own a CRK yet but was planning on picking up a PJ 21 very soon. Should I axe that plan and go with the 31?

10. Stumpy72

Stumpy72 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 5, 2018
    Just one person’s view, but if I was in your position I’d wait for the 31.

loon#r and Cscotttsss like this.
  11. jumpstat

jumpstat

Mar 9, 2007
    Any teasers for the lock bar side?

I am assuming the hardware will be the same 5/64" hex too.

12. Wavicle

Wavicle Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 22, 2014
    The 21 is an excellent time proven blade. Your wait for a 31 could possibly extend into 2020 based on past new model introductions.

I’d get the 21 you want now and then decide on a 31 when they become available (as opposed to pre-order).

Edgeoflife, Lapedog and loon#r like this.
  13. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    Hardware will be the same.

Screenshot from the video.
    Sebenza31_Lockside.jpg

Attached Files:

14. ericlosh

ericlosh

Oct 9, 2013
    This is my vibe as well, i was looking at sort of replacing a 21 late this year but ill re evaluate that later on and may go 31, it seems like it has some nice changes. I was gonna go pj tanto, but may have to go for some sort of inlay with the 31.

Lost a large UG with damascus blade, so far the only knife ive ever lost. So go figure on that.

15. Gizler00

Gizler00 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Glad I got my small 21 when I did. I might try and pickup a small insingo 21 before they are gone. Sad that it’s being discontinued. But I understand.

16. Don M

Don M

Apr 30, 2000
    The 21 is offered with a polished blade, but not the Inkosi. I asked a while back if it would be, the answer was no.

17. ericlosh

ericlosh

Oct 9, 2013
    ah thanks! i was wondering also and havnt made it to the video yet. I think i really need to sit down and listen to it. I got a few knives im working on sharpening and touching up to sell so ill do it during that i think

18. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    The more I think about this knife the more excited I am about it.

Lone_Wolfe and loon#r like this.
  19. Nrthfce

Nrthfce

Sep 17, 2014
    "Idaho Made" stamp? tough to see for certain, but it isn't noticeable. It's hard to even see the CR logo on Tim's knife in the video, but on the Micarta inlay photo I can spot it....

edit... nevermind, I spotted the "Idaho Made" stamp after watching the video for the fifteenth time.

Lone_Wolfe likes this.
  20. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    I've seen pictures of the Macassar Ebony and Black Micarta inlays. Anybody seen or heard about other inlay options? I'm reading additional info will be announced Friday, but I'm super curious about the other inlays...