1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Is this really a chive?

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Neko2, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Neko2

Neko2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 18, 2003
    I'm looking on ebay for a Ken onion chive and I run across this

http://snipurl.com/3srn

I snipped the url to make it a bit more manageable.

It doesn't look to have the right blade or clip shape. And what exactly is a "large" chive?

N2

2. SIFU1A

SIFU1A

May 12, 2001
    that doesnt look like my chive, havent heard of a large chive, i would have to say no it is not the right pic or its not a chive,

greg

3. alasome

alasome

Aug 30, 1999
    Doesn't look like one to me either. As far as I know the Onion "family" has thumb studs (blade stop ?); this appears to have a disk openner.

Anthony Lasome

4. Nic Ramirez

Nic Ramirez Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 17, 2003
    Looks like an Al Mar knock off Taiwanese POS.

And as far as I know the Chive isn't available with serrations!

Avoid like a Beijing hooker!!

5. woody

woody

Oct 5, 1998
    I just emailed the seller to inform about the picture discrepancy(I was nice) so we'll see if I get a reply.......

6. Keith Montgomery

Keith Montgomery

May 9, 2000
    It looks like the description has been changed, but it is still being called a Kershaw. It is listed as a brand new Kershaw and I don't know of any Kershaws that look like that.

7. woody

woody

Oct 5, 1998
    I agree Keith......never seen a Kershaw like that and I've looked through plenty of catalogs.
    It will be interesting to see if it sells and what type of feedback is left for the seller.

8. Neko2

Neko2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 18, 2003
    Thanks folks. It lookd pretty fishy to me. To think that just a few short months ago I would have not even known the difference and bid happily.

I can't believe how much I've absorbed just by hanging out here (and spending hundreds on knives).

N2

9. Doug Selsor

Doug Selsor

Mar 5, 2001
    Definately not a Kershaw. Looks more like something from one of those packages off the home shopping network... 100 knives for 69.95.

Doug