It’s 2021 and Hinderer is still discriminating

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Anderdale, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Anderdale

Anderdale Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2015
    2021 and still discriminating.

willc likes this.
  2. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    You should probably start a 2021 thread so people don't get confused. I'd say organize a March For Justice so people nationwide know of this travesty. If that still doesn't work then you only have one option left: the dance-off :eek:

Lodd, willc, Pomsbz and 2 others like this.
  3. midnight flyer

midnight flyer Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Hell, yeah!! Hit 'em where it hurts!
    @unwisefool , you actually made me laugh out loud! Thanks!

I would bet that will wind up somewhere in my conversation with my guys out on the construction site tomorrow...!

unwisefool likes this.
  4. Sos24

Sos24 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2018
    It os frustrating.
    There is definitely a demand considering how quickly the left-hand conversion kits sold-out. But they haven’t even made more of those. Shirogorov is even making a left-hand version now, but Hinderer still only has the Maximus , not even the XM, that is ambi.

5. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    The Ranch and Fieldtac are ambidextrous...

highestpoint and trevitrace like this.
  6. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    There's a lot of lefty or ambi knives out there, get over it :). Buy a Spyderco Police, it'll cut anything a Hinderer will at half the price and has all position carry options.

willc likes this.
  7. Sos24

Jun 14, 2018
    Sp
    So that is your recommendation?

I get it, there are plenty of other brands of knives out there which make ambidextrous knives and some even quality USA made flipper knives. But come on Spyderco Police!?! Sure, if you’re just looking for a knife that will cut (or a large Spyderco) it is great. But if you’re wanting a Hinderer, it isn’t even close. Spyderco Police has a different action, lock style, handle material, manufacture location, etc.

At least if you’re going to make a recommendation, recommend something similar.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  8. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    The Police fulfills the same need for a knife...hard use, one hand opening, locking folder, right-left friendly, tip up or down, good steel.

9. co556guy

co556guy

Dec 13, 2011
    Lefthandedness is only present in about 10% of the population.

10. Sos24

Jun 14, 2018
    You are correct in the characteristics that are similar. But most people, on this forum especially, have characteristics beyond those you mention that they do and don’t like on a knife. Even my wife, who isn’t a knife nut, has her own preference of opening mechanism and lock, both of which are different on the Spyderco Police as compared to Hinderers.

Would you suggest a Volkswagen Golf to a person who really wants a Ford Mustang on a car forum?

11. psquared

psquared

Aug 21, 2011
    I’m curious, do camera forums have threads asking Canon and Nikon to make left handed cameras or have left handed photographers just adapted?

Makael, Pomsbz and Alsharif like this.
  12. Anderdale

Nov 21, 2015
    you sir are leftist and us left handed people aren’t going to take it.

13. Alsharif

Alsharif Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2018
    That's funny. I'm not left handed but I find it easier opening a frame lock flipper with my left hand.

Hinderer, and others, can do a preorder to gauge the market. They may be hesitant due to perceived risk of return on investment.

14. co556guy

co556guy

Dec 13, 2011
    Wouldn't that make me a rightist or an anti-leftist?

:eek:

15. stevekolt

stevekolt Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Just remember...if the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only lefty's are in their right mind ;)

Lodd and willc like this.
  16. ferider

ferider Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2018
    If i can open/close the XM easily with my left, anybody can. I’d be more worried to use my left with the Maximus though. Note that I’m right-handed.

17. Anderdale

Nov 21, 2015
    I can guarantee if he did a run they would sell out fast. Similar to the shiro run that was just released. Hell those were $750 too.

Alsharif likes this.
  18. Andrew George

Andrew George

Mar 7, 2020
    I’m right handed and carry right handed, but always close my frame locks with my left.

It can’t be that bad, haha.

19. NorthernSouthpaw

NorthernSouthpaw Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2014
    My reply to all of you is to qoute myself from an earlier post....

willc and dannyp like this.
  20. Glenn Goodlett

Glenn Goodlett Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 6, 2016
    I think that anything he makes sells out fast. That seems to ultimately be the problem. When sales slow, he is likely to step out of the box a little more. But, for now, why would he add more work without the prospect of more profit?