1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

It's Turok Tuesday

Discussion in 'KA-BAR Knives' started by J.M. Jarosz, Mar 15, 2016.

1. J.M. Jarosz

J.M. Jarosz

Feb 26, 2013
    Post em if you got em!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. NCSlice

NCSlice

Feb 22, 2015
    Wish I did. That's some great looking steel!

3. J.M. Jarosz

J.M. Jarosz

Feb 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

4. JTmisterknifeguy

JTmisterknifeguy

May 22, 2013
    What is the original function of this blade design?
    Is it primarily a woods tool that can flex into a tactical role?
    It reminds me of Persia meets Alamo, in regards to its shape.
    Is the swedge a true false edge? Is that to ease penetration when say pig hunting for instance?
    Is looks like it'd fit a similar role to that of a bk7. But it has more that shape of a bk5 (I'm a Becker guy).

5. kmboldon

kmboldon

Jan 28, 2014
    That thing is nice looking!

Kyle

6. J.M. Jarosz

J.M. Jarosz

Feb 26, 2013
    Thanks for your comment! This knife was designed for a Marine and the intent was primarily a combat utility knife. It serves well in the woods also, and would certainly make a good pig sticker. That is exactly what the false edge is for.
    The false edge is false, but ground thin enough that it could be sharpened if you so desire.

Thanks again!