1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  4. Week 37 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Sabol Brothers Kiridashi , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

JK Handmade Knives

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Shaggy DA, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Shaggy DA

Shaggy DA

Aug 16, 2014
    As somewhat a newbie (okay, a TOTAL newbie when it comes down to technical aspects and specs) I first started a search for a survival knife for my family's B.O.B. That lead me to purchase a knife without knowing a damned thing even though I 'thought' I did. Through further research on this forum and 'Google' searches, I found out that what I was 'really' looking for was a bushcrafter's blade. I learned what size, dimensions, steel type, hardness, handle material, etc. that most people (learned from people with actual lifetime experience in bushcrafting). I decided that I would like to experience a high carbon steel with an RC of 58-60, a length of 4-6", and a micarta handle. Since I am a working man (therefore on a budget), I was looking for something affordable on a budget of around $200 and of grade 'A' workmanship.

After searching for makers I stumbled upon JK Handmade Knifes. I decided to look into his reviews and found his story of what inspires his passion for blades. I then discovered threads about his workmanship, attention to detail, and customer service. With my reading/learning I found that he was quite passionate about the quality of blades he offers and customer service. With that said, I could never have been more right!

I contacted him about his services in procuring me a blade that I can use and he was very swift in his response. I picked out a design and him knowing that I'm 'new' in this lifestyle of knives he asked me what details I would like in my first custom such as handle material, type of grind my blade would have, full handle or lanyard hole exposed, thumb ramps, and pin material. Since he was informed of my (I'm sure he could also tell anyways) inexperience with blades, he told me benefits of certain options over others but never tried to push me in any way over the options.

Well, I placed the order and was given an estimate on the date of my delivery. I was contacted again and told that I had the 'option' of procuring my order earlier than expected. I instantly agreed to it and told about the completion the day it was finished, which was far earlier than expected. :)

All in all, this man has brought to me customer service that is considered to be extinct by most. With him being who he is, I've decided that if I'm looking for a blade I want/need, he will be the one I go to. Not only for his customer service, but because of what he brings to the table as a fine Craftsman. On top of that he will make you a knife based on YOUR design if so you choose. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  2. johnny_boy02

johnny_boy02

Apr 3, 2014
    You need to post some pictures when you get it!

3. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    Thanks for the nice review, I`m happy you are pleased with your choice. This is the knife that Shaggy DA ordered, The Tool, in green canvas micarta.

[​IMG]

4. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    JK is one of the best. Glad to hear you found a great maker to help you out.

5. Shaggy DA

Shaggy DA

Aug 16, 2014
    Yes, he is. Not only is a good craftsman, he is, and I quote, "Good people."

6. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Yup,I'm proud to say that's my design brought to fruition by John.
    My original has an exposed tang and yours with the full handle illustrates how John will tweek any design to fit the buyers needs or wants.
    Design your own, buy one from his line up or modify an existing design to fit your needs/wants, John will take care of you.

7. glennbad

glennbad Knife Moddin' Fool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 13, 2003
    I have several of John's knives, and can attest that he is indeed a great person, an honest businessman, and he makes an excellent knife. If he only lived a little closer, I would certainly put a visit to his shop on my list.