Just Some Manix 2 LW Love

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Eli Chaps, May 30, 2020.

1. Eli Chaps

Eli Chaps Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 20, 2018
    This knife is firmly entrenched in my all time favorite designs. It is just absolutely fantastic and I honestly think, brilliant. So many things to like in a folding pocket knife design.

I have some physical things that creep up and can keep me from attending to the back yard and so it can get, well, rather jungle like at times. Such has been the case this Spring. But I was up for some work today and as always, the ole BD1 M2LW got slipped into the pocket.

Yeah, if you spend prolonged time really bearing down on the FRN handle without a glove it can start to dig in but I would not trade that for pocket comfort and really, if you're doing that much with it, you should probably be using a different tool.

But for shaving/breaking back thin maple limbs and hopeful shoots, zip ties, etc. this makes an awesome companion.

It's also a great EDC knife and I carried this specific one for a long time as such.

I have the Cutlery Shoppe S90V version which I love as well, but this is the one that sees the most use. That BD1, although criticized by so many, is a tough and amicable steel.

If I could only have one folding knife for any and every thing forever as of now, it would still be the M2LW.

Thanks Eric!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    civtamayo, razorburn, willc and 3 others like this.
  2. bdmicarta

bdmicarta

Feb 16, 2012
    I like mine for EDC and I think it could be a good work knife. I remember when they first came out in S110V and people were trying to do blade swaps, the handles proved to be very tough.

3. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    I'm a fbig an of the Manix line, I love my FRN one, it packs a punch for such a lightweight knife.
    [​IMG]

civtamayo, razorburn, Ironbut and 3 others like this.
  4. Eli Chaps

Eli Chaps Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Nice pic. When I first saw it I was intrigued and found myself wondering, but then I realized I was fixated on the molded jimping. I sanded it off of both of my mine and all but forgot it was there. :)

5. dannyp

dannyp Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2007
    The Manix LW was my main edc knife for over a year before getting into customizing some other knives lately. Such a great design.
    [​IMG]

razorburn, Ironbut, 91bravo and 2 others like this.
  6. John_0917

John_0917 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2014
    XHP version is probably the best they have done, looking forward to the SPY27 also.

Eli Chaps likes this.
  7. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    [​IMG]

8. 4mer_FMF

4mer_FMF Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    It’s a great knife.

[​IMG]

civtamayo, Ironbut, razorburn and 2 others like this.
  9. GB940Rookie

GB940Rookie Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2016
    The best of Spyderco.
    [​IMG]