Kailash Blades- Show off your knives!

Discussion in 'Kailash Blades' started by Kailash Blades, Jul 24, 2019.

1. DangerZone98

DangerZone98

Dec 7, 2019
    Thanks Andrew. I appreciate it.

Kailash Blades likes this.
  2. BlkNsliver

BlkNsliver

Dec 17, 2015
    @DangerZone98 what blade length is this on the Ek Chirra?

DangerZone98 likes this.
  3. Kailash Blades

Kailash Blades KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 21, 2015
    I think it's an 11"? Could be wrong though

DangerZone98 and BlkNsliver like this.
  4. BlkNsliver

BlkNsliver

Dec 17, 2015
    I thought so too. I like that length.

5. Kailash Blades

Kailash Blades KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 21, 2015
    Buffalo horn is very tough and durable which are positives for a hard working handle.
    On the other hand though the shock absorption is a little worse than wood and it can be a bit slippery when wet. Roughing it up with sandpaper helps a lot in this regard. It can face issues with shrinking or warping worse than wood, however with regular oiling and care this issue is lessened greatly.
    If you check out Joshua Carr's instagram you'll see his 15" horn panawal has held up just fine after a lot of hard use.
    https://www.instagram.com/pathseeker84/

BlkNsliver likes this.
  6. BlkNsliver

BlkNsliver

Dec 17, 2015
    Thank you for the info. I ordered mine with Rosewood and I think that was a good choice.

7. Kailash Blades

Nov 21, 2015
    Yeah it's very solid. If you feel like swapping to micarta in the next few weeks get in touh and we can organise a secondary invoice.
    Take care,
    Andrew

8. DangerZone98

DangerZone98

Dec 7, 2019
    11” of awesomeness. Sorry for the late reply, man. Just saw this now.

9. BlkNsliver

BlkNsliver

Dec 17, 2015
    @DangerZone98 Thanks. I ordered a Panawal with the same length. That thing is sharp!!

Kailash Blades and DangerZone98 like this.
  10. DangerZone98

DangerZone98

Dec 7, 2019
    Eyy, glad to know you’re enjoying your knife. 11” is the sweet spot for me. It’s lighter, less cumbersome, and feels more lively than longer blades while still giving you some adequate choppin’ power.

Kailash Blades and BlkNsliver like this.
  11. G.Moll

G.Moll

Mar 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

Just got this 9.5" Historical Service Issue today. Thanks, Kailash Blades! I'm impressed.

Eli Chaps, 353, scdub and 4 others like this.
  12. Kailash Blades

Nov 21, 2015
    That's looking great! Thanks so much for sharing it on reddit too, we really appreciate it the help.
    Have you had much of a chance to use it yet?

13. G.Moll

G.Moll

Mar 20, 2012
    I did! I did some yard work today with it. It's enjoyable to use and a very handy size. It was well worth the wait! thanks for a great knife

14. Kailash Blades

Nov 21, 2015
    You're absolutely welcome. If you take it on any adventures make sure to take a few photos and send them through to us so we can share them around :)

15. Eli Chaps

Eli Chaps Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Very nice. Is that the long, 5.5" handle? Also, did it come smoothed out (no ridges) or did you have to request that?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I now see it is stacked leather.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  16. Kailash Blades

Nov 21, 2015
    Hey there mate! This is the 5.5" on this blade. All our stacked leather handles come without handle rings as standard.
    Take care,
    Andrew

Eli Chaps likes this.
  17. BlkNsliver

BlkNsliver

Dec 17, 2015
    Got my Panawal today. Very Happy with it. Will probably be immediately ordering another just like it for my Dad. These Pictures were sent to me by Binsu Thapa before it was shipped to me. I will take some more maybe tomorrow and post them but these are good ones. Very nice blade. We just survived a hurricane so I have plenty of chopping still to do. Will get some action shots too!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. BlkNsliver

BlkNsliver

Dec 17, 2015
    Got to get out and test my Panawal out today. This is an 11 inch model with satin blade and rosewood grips. Did a really good job chopping and limbing out these fallen trees. Very sharp and cuts deep!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    Kailash Blades and 353 like this.
  19. Kailash Blades

Nov 21, 2015
    Wow looking great! It's amazing what difference oiling a blade makes isn't it?
    Sorry to hear about the hurricane but glad you're all doing okay over there and have the perfect knife for cleanup :)
    Take care,
    Andrew