1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Kami/Bean Medical Fund Raffle for 8/30

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Karda, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    I have a HI WWII model, about 18" or so, made by Kami Raju Rasali that a good friend who I've never met in person gifted me. It of course is what kindled the effection for Kuk's. He also pointed me at this forum which didn't do anything to quench my desire to have a whole collection. Guess I owe him for that too huh?
    I made my own sheath for it. I don't know how to post pics here or if I even can as yet. One thing for sure as the piggy bank allows it will get more company from HI.

2. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Raju Rasaili, also known as Amtrack Kami because of when the kami initials were marked with english script intsead of devangari would put R.R. on them. You can post pics by uploading them from a photobucket account.

3. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Thanks, Karda. I've occasionally wondered what kind of Nepali name Amtrack could be. :)

4. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Well here goes, keep in mind that in addition to not being an expert, I'm also not a photographer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I told my son to try to take a pic that didn't make me look fat but he failed miserably. I'm working on some wheelchair back strokes, sort of a wheelchair ninja.
    I fondle this blade daily and read every word of Uncles safety thread. Wise stuff to pay close attention to.

5. Shinook

Shinook

Apr 2, 2012
    I'd love to see more pics of your sheath. It looks good, and is in line with what I've been thinking about making. Can you tell me what the U shaped cutout is?

Thanks!

6. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    I inlaid a steel washer as a means to attach a sling. I used a camera strap. I acra glassed in the washer but for the first time ever it failed on the one end. My plan was to cover the wood with some sort of leather or other material.
    I'm a wood guy but it was a challenge to determine where I had to leave the opening to allow to get the blade in and out. I used chopsticks in each corner on the blade side to keep the blade centered and that part works really well.

[​IMG]

This pic I believe shows the washer on the other end that is holding solid. I can take more pictures if you tell me what you want to see. I honestly didn't think anyone would care about my attempt at a sheath, so you made my day.

7. Shinook

Shinook

Apr 2, 2012
    Thanks! I really like its simplicity. A simple strap could hold it in. Shame about the washer breaking, but your design definitely gives me some ideas. Chopsticks as guides! What a great idea!
    Thanks for sharing!

8. Browning A Bolt

Browning A Bolt

Jul 1, 2012
    bump.

9. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    6 slots left remaining on this.

Might as well leave it open and try to sell them all.
    Thank you all for being so patient!

10. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Bumping this......

11. teclis22

teclis22

Jun 10, 2009
    just send a payment through the chip in page.

i really thought about it, beeing unemployed makes spare cash really hard to get a hold of. but i figured even though i do bad right now there are people that have it worse.

anyway guys, if you can - help out. i am sure it will make a poor animal or sick kami's day somewhere sometime.

12. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    3 slots left, folks.....

13. muszeuhs

muszeuhs Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2012
    I just took one of em. Do I wait for the raffle number from you, Karda?

Down for Bean, down for the Kamis.

14. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Yep. It'll be coming via email.

15. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    2 slots left..........

16. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Boy I went back and looked at the first page. That's a heck of a nice blade. I never won nothing but I've sure got my fingers crossed on this one.

I'm looking for Peter so I can rob him and buy another ticket. Why did Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory just enter my mind with the golden ticket?

Anxiously awaiting the mail man today, might be a Pen Knife for Bawanna today. I'm so excited. Wife, not so much.

17. bladeright

bladeright

Sep 5, 2011
    bump, someone buy the remaining 2 slots

18. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    There is only one ticket left.
    Bean Fund link thru Chip-In is down, As Chip-In is no more.
    If anyone wants it, PM or Email me for my payment instructions.

19. John T

John T

Dec 12, 2012
    Email sent.

20. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    ALL SLOTS SOLD !!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP, FRIENDSHIP, PATRONAGE AND PATIENCE !!!!

Give me a couple more days to get things settled here and i will do the drawing for the winner.
    Winner will be announced in this thread when i'm done.