1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Keesteel KC23 2.4kg authentic Keech

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by tommytman, Nov 22, 2020.

1. tommytman

tommytman

Aug 12, 2019
    I've been looking at getting a Tasmanian style axe head. There is one from Australia that is new and from a company called Keech. Does anyone know if the Keesteel KC23 2.4kg is any good? I'd post a link but not sure if allowed.

Au_Craftsman likes this.
  2. tommytman

tommytman

Aug 12, 2019
    Man, not as popular as I was thinking....

Au_Craftsman likes this.
  3. crbnSteeladdict

crbnSteeladdict

Jul 31, 2017
    They are a little bit different kind of animal than majority of axes. They are cast, not drop forged and supposedly pain in the butt to sharpen.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    Au_Craftsman likes this.
  4. tommytman

tommytman

Aug 12, 2019
    Pain in the butt to sharpen sounds like a belt grinder is needed....

Au_Craftsman likes this.
  5. Au_Craftsman

Au_Craftsman

Oct 2, 2019
    They are very good axes but do require alot of work, I'm assuming you are in Australia if your looking at buying one since they aren't common overseas?

I would definately say a belt sander is needed unless your willing to spend a crazy amount of time filing. Even with a sander it takes me quite a few hours, as from the factory the edge is a few mm thick and dosent even come to a point.

Once they have been ground though they arent too hard to maintain and sharpen but take a very durable edge in my opinion. I have one with an 18 degree chisel grind and it stands up to plenty of knots when chopping

Trailsawyer likes this.
  6. tommytman

tommytman

Aug 12, 2019
    Thanks for that. I found the Keech axe on eBay. Looking to give it a try. Other than finding a hytest or buying a Tuatahi there aren’t many options for a racing type axe.