1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Kerambit

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Forsaken82

Forsaken82 Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    Fb is stupid. Just tried to post this cleaver i never got a handle made for up for sale... It violates their policy. Smh[​IMG]

2. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    You can post it in the exchange here on bladeforums. Not allowed in the various sub forums.

Pretty cool clever, you done good.

Forsaken82 likes this.
  3. Forsaken82

May 17, 2018
    It was facebook that killed it. Im going to weigh it before i post it here.

4. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    That's a good looking cleaver. Tactical cleaver? :)

It's a good idea to include the dimensions when you post it. Surprising how many people don't, and then potential buyers have to ask. Easiest way is to lay a tape measure alongside in the pics. Maybe state what the thickness is, since that's not as easy to capture in a picture.

EricTheRedBeard likes this.
  5. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    The shape of the cleaver, especially the horn on the end, reminds me of a Samoan war club that I bought about twenty years ago, when it was still possible to get one like that without mortgaging your house. Here's a picture of the monster. It's 3' long, weighs 3.5 lbs, and is made of some kind of incredibly hard, dense rosewood. If you can zoom in on the picture you'll see that the maker put in a huge amount of time on the engravings, which are done with great skill.

Samoan War Club.JPG

EricTheRedBeard and George Azar like this.
  6. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    That is so cool

7. Forsaken82

May 17, 2018
    I agree! Gorgeous workmanship