Kershaw launch

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Skar, Jun 17, 2020.

1. 000Robert

000Robert Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2020
    I just bought mine last week. Here's a photo...
    [​IMG]

Skar likes this.
  2. JPD1998

JPD1998 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2004
    I just checked my knife again, releasing the button will keep the blade in the open position.

If you push the blade an inch or so while the lock is released, the blade will pop back up to open.
    It doesn't sag like that.

Maybe my brown handled Launch 1 was made with different springs? The other two I have in the series don't have lazy springs either.

3. JuJu-

JuJu- Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ive owned most of the series. Never had an issue from the beginning.

Hard to beat these suckers for the price, materials, and made in Tualatin Oregon, Usa!

Skar likes this.
  4. 000Robert

Mar 28, 2020
    Mine has been working just fine so I haven't worried about it. I kind of like the spring not kicking too hard. My Boker Kalashnikov 74, that is clamped in my Hakko Omnivise in the photo, kicks like a mule when you deploy it.

5. JPD1998

JPD1998 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2004
    I have a SOG Spec Elite auto like that, if you're not careful it will jump out of your hands.

6. 000Robert

Mar 28, 2020
    Yep! LOL! I'll have to be careful when I take the Boker apart. I'll probably open it up inside a clear plastic bag just to be on the safe side. I hate looking for small parts that take off into the abyss.

7. Retired UPS Driver

Retired UPS Driver Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Your Boker will be a piece of cake to take apart, it’s the easiest I’ve ever worked on. Very simple to replace the coil spring too if it ever breaks on you.

8. 000Robert

Mar 28, 2020
    Thanks. I figured that it probably would be pretty easy. All of them would be easy for me. A lot easier than taking firearms apart anyways.

Retired UPS Driver likes this.
  9. metsfan

metsfan Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2012
    The Launch 6 is an awesome model. I didn’t think I’d like it as much as I do, I’m a big fan of the L5 from the older models but the 6 is a sleeper and once I got it in hand and pocket, I quickly realized it’s amazing. I definitely recommend the whole Launch series to anyone interested in trying one out.

Hope this helps @Skar

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    Nasoj26, JPD1998, JuJu- and 3 others like this.
  10. craytab

craytab

Jan 26, 2012
    Thanks for the pic. Really gives some perspective on the whole line.

Retired UPS Driver likes this.
  11. NPT

NPT Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2018
    I have several Launches, 1 through 3. Honestly, so far as I've found, the Launch and Kershaw in general are some of the best budget prices production knives out there, especially for users. The Launches are all $75 to just above 100. Buy them from knivesshipfree. They appear to be very good quality, and 2 out of my 3 are stupid sharp. Yes, I have experienced the blade bouncing back. As a matter of fact, on one of them, I put a real nice cut in my thumb with it within a minute of opening the package, LOL. Wouldn't keep me from buying another.

Worst case, they seem to move pretty easily on this site, if you don't like it.