Kershaw starting Sprint Runs!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Hackenslash, May 6, 2020.

1. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp Freedom for @Fullflat!!! Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    I just hope it's not blackwash.

2. grownstar

grownstar

Apr 24, 2013
    I'm a big fan of Blackwash. It looks great on my yellow Leek.

Chronovore likes this.
  3. GeofS

GeofS “Nostra-bladus” Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2018
    [​IMG]

Tigerfan, Converge, mjelson and 4 others like this.
  4. slyraven

slyraven

Feb 19, 2019
    i prefer them just crowd fund knives based on votes so who ever wants one gets one but they only make as many as pre paid and if a certain number is met.

chasing hype is for toys not knives

the reason i say this is i always miss things i want lol. id like that yellow leek.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    Mr.Wizard likes this.
  5. Planterz

Planterz Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2004
    I bought one of those titanium fold-over clips off the auction site for my carbon fibre Leek. It's meant for tip-up carry (tip-down and the fold sticks beyond the handle), and it's curved offset so it doesn't block the safety. Wonderfully designed.

I get that the Leek is too small for you though. It suits me just fine. The Leek in many ways represents a full circle for me. When I first joined BF I was looking for a replacement for my rainbow Leek. The 440A (this predates the use of Sandvik in the Leek) just wasn't working well and I wanted something better, and down the rabbit hole I went. I ended up with bigger, beefier knives (Military, BM710, Severtech, etc), but eventually realized that I didn't need all that, and now the biggest EDC I have is a BM940. I learned that I don't care for frame or liner locks, but the carbon fibre Leek has enough other atributes that I like, plus some nostalgia, that I really, really like it. Since the omega spring on my 940D2CF broke, it's what I've carried the most.

I really want to pick up a yellow sprint run Random. I played with a Random Task during a passaround, and while I hated the rest of the knife I loved the blade. If I can get a yellow one, I plan on making a franken-Leek putting the blade in the CF handles. I do like the CMP154 on the CF blade though.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    Insipid Moniker and craytab like this.
  6. craytab

craytab

Jan 26, 2012
    I love a good blade swap and that one would look awesome! I hope you can find one.

7. rxavage

rxavage

Aug 16, 2014
    The knife is live! it’s a blackwash carbon fiber bareknuckle in m390.

GeofS and mjelson like this.
  8. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Don't feed the Trolls Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    [​IMG]
    M390 steel and Carbon Fiber (with about 0.6 ounce weight savings) for $130...Seems reasonable.

GeofS, abbazaba and Blackf77t like this.
  9. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Don't feed the Trolls Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I'm not going to buy this one but I'll be curious to hear from someone who does; is this CF the ZT, solid type or is the G10/CF surface treatment that Kershaw typically uses? Solid CF at this price is outstanding.

GeofS and Blackf77t like this.
  10. rxavage

rxavage

Aug 16, 2014
    I’m passing on this as well. It’s not unique enough to justify.
    I just bought the valence knives nocturne yesterday. Which is just the most recent purchase in my current rampage. And I still need to pick up a new 300blk carbine.
    The desire for toys is endless, unlike my bank account.

GeofS likes this.
  11. TX180SX

TX180SX Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2011
    i'm also going to pass on this. Maybe the next one will interest me.

GeofS likes this.
  12. yamsi12

yamsi12 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2013
    If it’s like the recent cf knockout sprint run it’s real cf, not an inlay over g10.

GeofS and Hackenslash like this.
  13. JuJu-

JuJu- Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Its real carbon fiber. All the US models that are CF are real CF. I love the looks of this. Ought be a mean slender light slicy beast.

mqqn, metsfan, GeofS and 2 others like this.
  14. soc_monki

soc_monki Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 5, 2019
    Ordered. Been wanting a CF Bareknuckle for a while. M390 is great! Can't wait to compare it to my 14c28n and 20cv Bareknuckles!

GeofS and Blackf77t like this.
  15. Blackf77t

Blackf77t

May 20, 2020
    WOW! That Kershaw Bareknuckle is a great deal - carbon fiber, M390, ball bearings, manual, a nice look and a good price. I am seriously tempted.

GeofS likes this.
  16. abbazaba

abbazaba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    Wow, I didn't think it would actually happen. I'm in! Though they did charge shipping and sales tax :(

GeofS likes this.
  17. Lee D

Lee D Basic Member Basic Member

May 27, 2013
    Come on Kershaw, show me something I haven’t seen in awhile

18. abbazaba

abbazaba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    I understand the sub-frame-lock is the best thing anyone has ever invented in the history of mankind, but do we really need the patent number printed right on it?

GeofS and marrenmiller like this.
  19. MarkN86

MarkN86

Sep 3, 2012
    I like it. I like this better than most of the ZTs.

GeofS likes this.
  20. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker

Feb 28, 2011
    Hurry up and buy all these so I don't feel compelled to get one.

elde66 and GeofS like this.