1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Kevin Powers disc sander

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by Kevin McGovern, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Kevin McGovern

Kevin McGovern KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 31, 2015
    Finally got it welded up. Thanks Kevin!

[​IMG][​IMG]

john april likes this.
  2. kuraki

kuraki Fimbulvetr Knifeworks

Jun 17, 2016
    That looks good. I need to build a table for mine.

3. LARRYZ10

LARRYZ10 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 6, 2010
    Nice job!! You will never know how you made knives with out one. Larry

4. Salem Straub

Salem Straub KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 20, 2008
    Zombie thread... for good reason though. I made one of these back in like 2015 or so, and was just trying to pass the .dxf file along to a friend to cut one out- but the file I have is actually damaged now. Does anyone still have this .dxf file containing the grinder parts? I'm having a tough time finding it available anywhere on line now.
    Thanks!

5. coldsteelburns

coldsteelburns

Aug 2, 2010
    ttps://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1q0edBhnQ3FUDNrRHBCZW5qbms

(Thanks to @kuraki for the working link above)

Here's the original thread as well: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/disc-grinder-sander-wip.1309537/

~Paul
    My Youtube Channel
    ... (Just some older videos of some knives I've made in the past)

6. Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith ilmarinen - MODERATOR Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 20, 2004
    Check with Kevin. IIRC, he still has the files on both his belt grinder and disc grinder.

7. JTknives

JTknives Blade Heat Treating www.jarodtodd.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 11, 2006
    Thanks guys, now I’m thinking of cutting some out on my cnc plasma

Justin Schmidt likes this.
  8. Brian Stucker

Brian Stucker Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Post removed

Please do not offer to buy/sell in shop talk. PM or email JT if interested.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2019
  9. kuraki

kuraki Fimbulvetr Knifeworks

Jun 17, 2016
    If you do, modify the slots and tabs or use left/right kerf on your machine. They're drawn size on size.

10. JTknives

JTknives Blade Heat Treating www.jarodtodd.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 11, 2006
    My post was tong in cheek so to speak. Like oh great like I need more work. But you know how I love building stuff lol.

11. A.McPherson

A.McPherson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 27, 2012
    Hey JT if you decide to do a run, let me know!

12. Aidenag

Aidenag

Apr 16, 2009
    Improper content removed

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2019
  13. Brian Stucker

Brian Stucker Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Improper content removed

14. Joker66

Joker66

Apr 20, 2014
    Improper content removed

15. le0ne

le0ne Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2012
    Improper content removed

16. Volkert Forge

Volkert Forge KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 25, 2018
    Improper content removed

17. Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith ilmarinen - MODERATOR Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 20, 2004
    OK guys, let JT work on his builds and projects. If he has them for sale he will post a thread about them and put them in The Exchange.

18. drew1972

drew1972

Oct 17, 2015
    Improper content removed

19. Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

Aug 20, 2004
    Listen fellows, I'll say it one more time - leave the buying offers out of Shop Talk.
    Email or PM JT if you want to talk about him cutting grinder kits out. I don't think his CNC plasma cutter is the right tool for the job anyway.
    JT has been very good about not responding to your offers, and replied that he wasn't really considering building the kits. If he does he will tell us.

For those who really want to build one, get the file from Kevin or someone who has it and sent it to any waterjet cutter you want. They can cut it in steel and ship you the parts.

Volkert Forge likes this.