1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

King prithivi khukuri specifications

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Steve Of England, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Steve Of England

Steve Of England

May 17, 2019
    I am trying to get hold of the exact details concerning this weapon like handle material used etc
    Looking at REPLICA'S made from other makers there is always certain criteria not met like exact size handle made, wrong ridge cut, ivory/bone not used etc
    Reading past material from this site from way back when there seems to be some suggestion that there was a reproduction made from H.I. too but cannot find any links, images or anything on the site.
    Am I wrong and as it been discontinued or can this still be a custom/requested purchase.
    Any help in this matter would be gratefully appreciated
    Cheers
    Steve

2. Howard Wallace

Howard Wallace . Moderator

Feb 23, 1999
    Steve, it appears this is not jogging anyone’s memory. Can you link to the old reference you found? That may help.

There is an old painting about halfway down this FAQ page.

https://himalayan-imports.com/Carry.htm

3. Steve Of England

Steve Of England

May 17, 2019
    It was from reading a post from about 20yrs ago from bill Martino if I recall correctly where I got the impression HI made these.
    This was regarding the displayed knife on the left in the exhibit at the national museum which is the usual one reproduced (white handle) but is not a needed requirement here now.
    Thanks for the concern anyhow.