Kizer Cormorant... Rit dyed

Discussion in 'Kizer Cutlery' started by JethroFromAlabama, Jan 31, 2021.

1. JethroFromAlabama

JethroFromAlabama

Dec 28, 2006
    Absolutely love this knife. SO many ways to deploy the blade, and the button lock makes it a fidgeter! BUT... even before I received it I knew it would be my first Rit dye effort. I was torn between blue and red. Here’s the result, which I’m very pleased with. Sapphire Blue synthetic dye with about a 8-10 minute dunk. Also, the knife was simple to dismantle and reassemble. Just watch out with the spring in the button lock!
    [​IMG]

And just after reassembly:

[​IMG]

Dergyll, elde66, Chronovore and 3 others like this.
  2. ktataragasi

ktataragasi

May 26, 2019
    Great job! That looks good.

I know this design is pretty polarizing and for me I wish a couple of things were different for me to get one. I appreciate that they are willing to make stuff like this though.

Hopefully they will keep the opening methods and lock and change the design for other models.

JethroFromAlabama likes this.
  3. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Killer job. :D
    John

JethroFromAlabama likes this.
  4. JazCRNA

JazCRNA

Oct 17, 2020
    Got one on order. They’re hard to find.

5. Jack Allison

Jack Allison

Sunday
    I can't find one anywhere. This looks pretty dope. I wanted to grab one and dye it red.

6. Jack Allison

Jack Allison

Sunday
    Where did you find one?

Dergyll likes this.
  7. JazCRNA

JazCRNA

Oct 17, 2020
    KnifeCenter.com, ordered several weeks ago, still hasn't shipped.

8. Dergyll

Dergyll Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2021
    Just a headsup on KC
    They will list discontinued items as "delayed by manufacturer" and your order will hang in limbo forever. I had this happen to me on a WE604 a long time ago...that knife never came into stock.

I love KC as a company, but that's one thing which is a tad annoying. I would look elsewhere as well as an alternative to KC.

Of course, I really hope it will go back into stock...but hope for the best plan for the worse.