Knifetalk! Let's Chat

Discussion in 'Daniel Fairly Knives' started by Daniel Fairly Knives, Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Hi DFG'ers!
    Let the Sun Shine In!!
    :D

2. fast14riot

fast14riot

Oct 27, 2010
    Morning!

Got a nice break in the rainy weather today, but it'll be back tomorrow.

Make it an excellent day folks!

-X

3. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Hey guys! looks like snow here which is pretty typical for a light snow year, it seems like we always get snow late.

Yesterday was another epic day in the shop and things went very well! I'm on a roll with things...

I'm going to relax today! If I can. :D

Ribs and sausage are waiting... :D BBQ!

4. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Good morning y'all! BBQ sounds goooooooooooooooooooood!

5. Farchyld

Farchyld

Sep 10, 2011
    Mornin' everyone!

Caught the worst 48 hour bug I've ever had this weekend. Anything that could go wrong with my body did, I swear. At one point Ash asked if there was anything else she could get me and i muttered "my gun".

Finally better, just in time to get to the office! Wooo!

I hope everyone else had a more productive weekend :)

6. fast14riot

fast14riot

Oct 27, 2010
    Weekend is just starting for me! Hope to get out and chase some turkey this week too, season opened on Saturday! Supposed to rain again today so don't think I will go today, but Wednesday is looking good.

Make it a great day.

-Xander

7. Farchyld

Farchyld

Sep 10, 2011
    Dude the first time I saw wild turkeys was in Pittsburgh. It's unreal how many are out there! My buddy is a manager for an apartment complex, and all along the hillside, out on the front lawn; wild turkeys. Gobblegobblegobble, haha. The simple things D:

Enjoy your freetime, X.

8. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Hey guys

Farchyld I hope you are doing OK!

Hey Xander! I'm not sure what is up here but the wild turkeys are going nuts... there must be a few dozen hanging around my place and they are making lots of noise which they usually never do. Last year I had a big group living behind the shop.

9. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
  10. BLK

BLK

Mar 22, 2010
    Lol, good morning Daniel! Hi guys!!

11. fast14riot

fast14riot

Oct 27, 2010
    ^^As funny as that seems, it's very true. We even have them here in town. They can be very aggressive, also they have some nasty spurs that will tear you open.

They have extremely good eyesight, decent hearing and are rather suspicious by nature. Hunting them is tough. But, they are delicious!!!

-Xander

12. Farchyld

Farchyld

Sep 10, 2011
    So tired. Hey today is 4/1

13. sloth357

sloth357 Platinum m0f0 Platinum Member

Jan 5, 2011
    We got turkeys! Soon we should see chicks... well we don't keep turkeys.. they just pass through... deer were bedding down last few days out back.. I have some good pics of the turkey mob! Oh man, some roost up in the firs... then they dive bomb/glide down and are HUGE and freak me out when just chilling outside and this huge shadow passes by.. then they land, lol.. not so graceful.

This was a few years ago... but they are always around in different phases (old group, or mixed with chicks, sometimes a huge colorful male with his bitches :D )

Nov:
    [​IMG]

Feb:
    [​IMG]

GOOBLE! ;]

I'm outta here.. beat..

14. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Cool! Where do live, Chris!
    The wood frogs finally started mating yesterday!

15. sloth357

sloth357 Platinum m0f0 Platinum Member

Jan 5, 2011
    In a cave... PNW, mid-valley area but 50mins from the coast. We live on the outside of town a couple miles on a hillside. Town is at roughly 200ft elev. and we are at 600 ft. Doesn't seem like much, but it matters when it snows.. We get more snow and it stays here about 1-2 weeks longer.. That 500 ft lvl really seems to be a line... Plus we live on the edge of a huge forest, hence why we see bobcats... I've seen 2 cougars on the trails a few years ago.. bear sign, tons of deer and birds of course :) Oh and yes frogs.. LOUD little guys... I love me some temperate forest :)

Now where be that Daniel and some pics! :D

16. fast14riot

fast14riot

Oct 27, 2010
    Morning guys.

Working another crazy split shift again today. Trying to survive through a terrible tooth ache that popped up in the middle of the night last night. The whole left side of my head is throbbing, it's subsided into a constant dull pain that is driving me nuts. Gonna have to get it checked out tomorrow, unless I can get in today on my 3 hour break, but I doubt it.

Been raining here, no chasing turkeys yet. Soon though!

-Xander

17. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Hey Rolf! Throw some of this out there... http://froglube.com/

:D :D :D

I hear you on the elevation thing... we have different snow reports for our elevation even. Your area is cool... we looked into moving there when we moved here.

Nice pics too! Your garden is awesome.

Turkeys are funny, back home we lived in the country and the area had been repopulated by a 100 or so turkeys they left in the area. They wouldn't get within 200 yards of anyone. Here I see some here and there but in my canyon we have tons and they will walk right past you. My cat was stalking one; it realized and nearly ran him down!

Pics... no I'm done with cameras! I'm going out and making double ground 440a slipjoints today.

I have a bunch of really busy tactical designs ready too! ...with cool features that I'm not even sure what they do! One has a button that opens another button, it's so rad!

18. fast14riot

fast14riot

Oct 27, 2010
    Ooo, tactical 440a slipjoints, sounds Mil-Spec.

-X

19. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Bigtime! :D

20. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Xander have you worked on the tube amp?

I'm considering building a t-amp powered speaker set/boombox just for kicks... the amps are only $19 and sound killer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.