Kopis!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Siegle Knives' started by Bill Siegle, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2000
    Finally got this finished :) Green G10 over a thick orange G10 liner for the scales. 1/4in thick 5160 for the blade with a differential heat treat. This is a small sword at 20 1/8in overall. The blade is 13 7/8in tip to handle. It comes in at 2 pounds 1 ounce and balances on my finger right in front of the bevel shoulders. It looks like it would be blade heavy like a kukri, but it is balanced more as a weapon than a pure chopper. I sculpted the scales so they are wide at the front and the pommel. Looks good to my eyes and feels great in my hand :) I am now trying to figure out if it is going to get a Kydex sheath or not. It has a lot going on that won't make Kydex simple at all.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. abrasion

abrasion

Feb 22, 2011
    That looks outstanding Bill!!!

3. Jonny1280

Jonny1280 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Whoa...that's a beast!
    Nice work Bill. Very nice!

4. TBL

TBL

Dec 26, 2013
    :thumbup: That's sexy

5. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2000
    Thanks guys! This one has been a lot of fun to build even if it did take a long time to get here :)

6. Orion

Orion

Oct 4, 1998
    How much?

7. Bill Siegle

Oct 3, 2000
    This one went for $550 for the Kopis alone. With Kydex, $625. It's in a new happy home now :)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  8. Thrill

Thrill

Sep 9, 2010
    A beauty. Excuse my other post in the other thread. Orange scales with blue liners would be pure perfection. Go Gators.

9. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    Please put me down for one.

n2s

10. abrasion

abrasion

Feb 22, 2011
    A review must follow this...

11. Diez Knives

Diez Knives

May 19, 2012
    hope that makes it to the gathering!! nice!!!!!!