1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Kyle Royer Damascus & Stag Shell Hanger Bowie; More Photos Added

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Kevin Jones, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Idlewild

Idlewild

Jan 11, 2004
    Fabulous creative work!

2. FengYang

FengYang

May 23, 2014
    This is a very beautiful works of art!:thumbup:

3. r connally

r connally

Jan 26, 2008
    Where to begin? First, big congrats to you Kevin! A great one for your collection :thumbup:

The color and form of the stag is delicious.
    My abnormal mental state that requires symmetry is not challenged by the clamshell at the guard. Perhaps it's the sunburst at the butt or the other clamshells but the balance works for my psychosis.
    The blade shape, damascus pattern, and size look perfect for this application.
    The manner in which the polish complements the texture in the natural materials and the metal work...sublime (not a descriptor I use often).

Love this knife and love the sheath! Fabulous work, Kyle!!!

4. rnbtexas

rnbtexas

May 7, 2012
    Amazing work.

5. pmartinknives

pmartinknives

Jul 13, 2007
    Beautiful work! Perfect in every aspect.

Peter

6. Burton Harruff

Burton Harruff

Oct 1, 2007
    Awesome! What else can I say.

7. Caleb Royer

Caleb Royer Photographer

May 7, 2013
    Wow, thank you very much, guys! I'm glad to be of service!

8. Kevin Jones

Kevin Jones Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Hello Rob. I was very pleased how Kyle was not only able to execute/file the three different clamshells so beautifully, but create them so as they complement one another so well and contribute significantly to the overall design.

Very please with how well this piece has been received, thanks again for your comments.

9. Gary Mulkey

Gary Mulkey

May 14, 2001
    You should be very proud of this addition to your collection. If you have it with you at Little Rock, I'd love to get a look at it up close.

Gary

10. Kyle Royer

Kyle Royer

Dec 6, 2006
    Wow! Thanks guys! You all are too kind. :) I really appreciate it very much. This was a great project and it was a pleasure working with Kevin on it. I'm so glad Kevin had me do the hanger guard and scroll engraving. Those two things really pushed me and gave me something hard to shoot for in doing this project. Thanks for your patience as well on this project Kevin and again, it was great once again working with you.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!