Labor Day Weekend work

Discussion in 'Siegle Knives' started by Bill Siegle, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2000
    Started a run of the recurves(5 total) like the one I made recently. Also blanked out two 4in SARs too :) Gonna be busy in the shop for a while! These are not spoken for as of yet so if someone wants dibs, shoot me a PM or Email. The recurves will run $350 and the SARs $275. Should be able to get em all done by Christmas :D

[​IMG]

2. abrasion

abrasion

Feb 22, 2011
    I've been lusting over those 4" SAR's...

3. Jonny1280

Jonny1280 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2012
    I'm a big fan of the SAR design as well.
    Can't wait to see how these turn out!

4. River-8

River-8

Sep 24, 2006
    As well you should; mine is a constant companion of remarkable utility...!!

Cheers,
    John

5. ayeaton

ayeaton Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Email sent on a SAR4!

6. DL Robin

DL Robin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Bill, What is the thickness on the SAR4s? And how many are you making?
    Thanks

7. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2000
    They are cut from .200 stock and there will be two of them this time around. One has been spoken for already.

8. Bill Siegle

Oct 3, 2000
    Getting closer on this batch :) I did the 4in SARs in green G10 and the other in black G10. The recurves got green G10, black G10, and natural linen micarta. The large camp knife is wearing natural G10 over an orange G10 liner. Hoping to get these done soon :D
    [​IMG]

9. Camber

Camber

Jul 13, 2011
    Those all look spectacular but that camp knife is HOT.

10. Bill Siegle

Oct 3, 2000
    Thank you :) The camp knife has an oversized handle so that it effectively has two grip positions. It gives the pattern a lot of options during use.

11. Diez Knives

Diez Knives

May 19, 2012
    Nice Bill, looking good!

12. Camber

Camber

Jul 13, 2011
    What are the length specs on that camp knife Bill?

13. Bill Siegle

Oct 3, 2000
    It is about 16.5in overall with a 10.5in blade.

14. Camber

Camber

Jul 13, 2011
    Nice! Thank you.

15. Bill Siegle

Oct 3, 2000
    Got four of the recurves done today :) One OD Green G10, one natural linen micarta, and two in black G10. With the black G10 ones, I did one sanded and one in my textured handle finish.
    [​IMG]

16. Silverthorn

Silverthorn

Apr 24, 2011
    Those all look outstanding, but I have gotta see more of that big ole camp knife please Bill.

17. Bill Siegle

Oct 3, 2000
    Here's the rest of the batch! All oily right now as they are fresh from the shop. The 5th recurve has the rough texture finish on the natural linen micarta scales.
    [​IMG]

18. Silverthorn

Silverthorn

Apr 24, 2011
    That camp knife is going to haunt my dreams. Is that going to become part of your regular line up ?

19. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    seriously grooving on that camp knife pattern!

20. abrasion

abrasion

Feb 22, 2011
    I have the same handles on my Jest Bolo as that camp knife. The pics don't do those handles justice they are much sweeter in person. When is that one going up for sale?