Lanyard Pin Question

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Matt636, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Matt636

Matt636

Jul 4, 2016
    Hi all - I've never gotten a definitive answer to the following question. Maybe there isn't one?

I spend a lot of time browsing this forum, and the FB pages dedicated to CRK. As a new(ish) owner, but looooong time admirer, I've tried to gain knowledge to make me more verse in CRK. Turns out I've seemed to turn on a lot of folks to the brand, simply by them seeing mine and asking questions.

One question I'd like to know is this. When were the lanyard pins introduced on the Sebenza? I thought it was sometime in the early 21's, but have seem pics of Regulars with lanyard pins. Is the lanyard pin there for aesthetics, or does it serve a purpose for rigidity?

Personally I like the accent the lanyard pin offers, but also like the look of the lanyard simply slid through the scales.

As always, thanks for the additional knowledge.

russ25 likes this.
  2. Josh K

Josh K Pirate

Sep 29, 2008
    Lanyard pin allows you to replace the lanyard by taking the knife apart instead of tying the lanyard around the holes. It adds zero rigidity. They were introduced with the 21 if i'm right, but work with probably all Sebenza's back to the first ones.

russ25 likes this.
  3. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    The earlier ones-Regular and Classic MM (for instance )were tied to the holes rather than using a pin. People have just added lanyards with pins as an add on to those earlier models. I am not a lanyard enthusiast so they all come off regardless of pin or not.

russ25 and Matt636 like this.