Latest knife

Discussion in 'Hammer & Tongs' started by Bltien, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Bltien

Bltien

Feb 1, 2017
    Hello all. I started making knives about 6 months ago and finally joined the forum and figured I'd share the latest knife I finished.

It's an EDC for a farmer/rancher buddy of mine made out of O1 tool steel with ironwood scales and stainless pins/tube. I heat treated it myself and finished it with a scotchbrite belt. I just do stock removal as well and have a 2x48 grinder. The sheath is only the second one I've made/second piece of leatherwork I've ever done. The knife is the 7th one I've finished.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Please share any suggestions or constructive criticism! There's a couple minor cosmetic flaws but it's going to be used daily anyway. Also, please let me know if I posted this incorrectly or in the wrong section!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Hengelo_77

Hengelo_77 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 2, 2006
    nice one, good looking sheeth

3. Bltien

Bltien

Feb 1, 2017
    Thanks! It's definitely been a learning experience

4. redsquid2

redsquid2 Добрая Росомаха

Aug 31, 2011
    Nice design. Good useful size and shape. Handle shaping looks comfy. I like the finish on it.

5. redsquid2

redsquid2 Добрая Росомаха

Aug 31, 2011
    One thing I would change: That part that sticks out between the finger choil and the plunge line. I would round off the corners just a tad on that.

6. Bltien

Bltien

Feb 1, 2017
    Thanks for the feedback! I had thought about that some as well.. I have some similar blanks cut out and I think I'll do that with those.