Lets See Some Pure Fighters

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by JParanee, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Kyle Royer

Kyle Royer

Dec 6, 2006
    Here are a few fighters I've made.

"Explosive Fighter"
    [​IMG]

"Micro Fighter"
    [​IMG]

"Feather Frame Fighter"
    [​IMG]

"12" Re-curve Fighter"
    [​IMG]

And a little Micro Fighter
    [​IMG]

"Competition Fighter"
    [​IMG]

2. Keith Montgomery

Keith Montgomery

May 9, 2000
    That's okay. I'll leave it there anyhow. It's a knife. and it was used for fighting, even though it's not what was probably being looked for by Joe when he started this thread.

3. RogerP

RogerP Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2002
    Just a great lineup there Kyle. :thumbup:

Roger

4. JParanee

JParanee Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Again to many great knives to mention but those Bumps are fantastic and always love to see Mr. Samson's work R.I.P.

Happy B-Day Nick

5. JParanee

JParanee Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Keith it is more than welcome.

Kyle fantastic work

6. Mike Craddock

Mike Craddock

Jul 31, 2007
    Here is a couple of mine
    Hope they are not out of place

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mike

VashHash likes this.
  7. betzner

betzner CenCal Coast Platinum Member

Jan 23, 2007
    Here's one I recently got from Deso (Alain Desaulniers), a mini-wilderness with narwhal ivory.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  8. Phillip Patton

Phillip Patton KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 25, 2005
    Here's the last two fighters I've made. Both were photographed by Coop, but I don't yet have a digital copy of the first one, so here's the photo I took.
    I was honored and pleased to see that one of them is actually in one of Coop's new galleries. Thanks Coop!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mack and VashHash like this.
  9. Raymond Richard

Raymond Richard

Jun 17, 2001
    Here's one I'm still working on. One of the few times I have used woolly bugger for a spacer and I'm going to soak the handle in Nelsonite for a couple days.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  10. Phillip Patton

Phillip Patton KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 25, 2005
    Some more:

This one kind of straddles the line between bowie and fighter. All the others I posted are recurves, so I thought a straight blade should be included.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good thread, Joe! I love fighters. :)

11. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
    we ALL love fighters! A guilty pleasure perhaps, but a pleasure nonetheless:thumbup:

12. Phillip Patton

Jul 25, 2005
    Yet more:

Here's the first recurve fighter I ever made. Sorry for the lousy pics. That was before I got a nice camera.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

V-1 and VashHash like this.
  13. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
    just LOVE this one:thumbup:

14. Bruce Bump

Bruce Bump

Dec 2, 1999
    This thread is turning out to be one of the classics here. Great knives from some of our own makers that we rarely see I think because we are too shy to post our own photos. I for one am slightly dislexic when it comes to photography but if we dont post at least our home shots people will miss out on some great knives here. Many knives are worthy but dont get sent away to the professionals so I say post em if ya got em.

15. Kohai999

Kohai999 Second Degree Cutter Platinum Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Feel free, Keith, you are frequently one to "colour outside the lines" anyway, but the response was directed for anyone who thinks that they are looking at a "pure fighter" with your post.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

16. David Schott

David Schott

Sep 27, 2004
    I consider these fighters, but from the pics here, Im having a hard time defining a fighter:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. jjtjr

jjtjr

Dec 28, 2001
    The bottom knife is Jerry Fisk's NLT "Tuxedo Fighter".

The top knife is not a "pure" fighter, but if I had to use a knife as a fighter, I would probably pick the NLT "Rojo Grande", it is one of the quickest in the hand knives that I have seen.

[​IMG]

Jim Treacy

coldsteelburns likes this.
  18. Hmathews

Hmathews

Feb 22, 2005
    I'm not real sure what the definition of a pure fighter is, but the knife shown below seemed to satisfy our customers demand for one a while back.

[​IMG]

My choice would be a little closer to this one Charlie made a year or so ago.

[​IMG]

19. spacecouchx

spacecouchx

Sep 2, 2006
    Because of this little quarrel between some of the forum members, it raises the question: what differentiates a "fighting knife" and "a knife used for fighting"? Really, I see none.

20. Kohai999

Kohai999 Second Degree Cutter Platinum Member

Jul 15, 2003
    The number one edged weapon used in domestic homocide is a kitchen knife of some sort...does that make it a fighter?

You may not get bogged down in the symantics that comprise differentiation of these types, but they matter....for example, daggers and dirks as loosely defined legally are outlawed in many areas of the world.

I will start another thread on this subject later so as not to initiate further verbal thread drift from an otherwise stellar pictorial thread.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson