1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 37 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Sabol Brothers Kiridashi , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Let's see your bushcraft blades

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Brew-Jitsu, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Brew-Jitsu

Brew-Jitsu

Oct 22, 2012
    [​IMG]

A better pic of the Big Chris Wolverine, in CPM M4.

2. Brew-Jitsu

Brew-Jitsu

Oct 22, 2012
    [​IMG]

Condor Hudson Bay

3. Brew-Jitsu

Brew-Jitsu

Oct 22, 2012
    [​IMG]

Batoning with the Bark River Aurora (3V)

4. Brew-Jitsu

Brew-Jitsu

Oct 22, 2012
    [​IMG]

Old Hickory knife + eggs, 1-year cheddar, beef bacon, wheat toast

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  5. Mike-The-Knife

Mike-The-Knife

Dec 6, 2011
    Survive Knives GSO 5 and Necker II

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

6. fetzer85

fetzer85

Oct 17, 2012
    uploadfromtaptalk1416874837436.jpg

Left to right...

Cold Steel Master Hunter
    Fallkniven F1
    Cold Steel SRK
    TOPS BOB
    ESEE 5
    Ontario TAK 1

7. eschwebach

eschwebach

Jul 16, 2012
    Alex, you've got a lot of very nice fixed blades!

Here are some of mine, I have a couple more I need to take pics of...

Mora Triflex
    [​IMG]

Bark River Bravo 1 LT Drop Point
    [​IMG]

Mullhauser Warthog
    [​IMG]

8. miltmaldo

miltmaldo Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Brew-Jitsu

Brew-Jitsu

Oct 22, 2012
    Thanks, Erik! I wouldn't mind having some of your knives, too. :)

10. rustyrazor

rustyrazor KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 13, 2011
    ok, I'll bite... here is one of my smaller ones. I based it around the size of the fallkniven F1 since it's mostly what I carry day to day. all based primarily around toughness and ease of resharpening with a 12c27m blade and black canvas micarta scales held on by SS corby rivets.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  11. Brew-Jitsu

Brew-Jitsu

Oct 22, 2012
    How big is the blade on that one?

12. rustyrazor

rustyrazor KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 13, 2011
    Hey Alex. the blade is just under 3 3/4" ...like i was mentioning, it's loosely based around the size of the fally F1 if you're familiar with that one. great size for carry.

edit: if not, look up 4 posts, Miltmaldo has a pic of one with other blades for comparison...

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  13. Forgedfixedblade

Forgedfixedblade

Jul 10, 2014
    Here's a few of my favorites, from left to right, Ontario Machete 1095 high carbon cut down to fit in my pack, high carbon tool steel custom knife that I made 5mm thick polished scandi grind with micarta handles, IPAK/CFK 1/4'' D2 steel with micarta handles, Real Steel Bushcraft 440C with red lined micarta handles and full scandi grind.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Brew-Jitsu

Brew-Jitsu

Oct 22, 2012
    I wasn't sure how loosely based the size was, but I appreciate the info.

15. Brew-Jitsu

Brew-Jitsu

Oct 22, 2012
    [​IMG]

Haven't had a chance to put it to work yet.

16. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    [​IMG]

17. Shaggy DA

Shaggy DA

Aug 16, 2014
    I've only used the bottom one so far but it's used more as a machete for clearing paths though it does chop/baton wood fairly well. ;) It also has a dimple for use of a fire drill. The blade is 9 1/2" of Differential heat treated 5160 to an RC of 56 for the spine and 58 on the belly. The handle is 5" of black micarta. The bottom of the handle has two hollow brass pins for paracord. The bolster of the handle has a spike on it for marking rocks and/or trees. It has a ballistic nylon sheath with Velcro straps(wish it were buttons) and two pockets with slide in clips. One holds an emergency whistle and the other is more than capable of holding my SuperTool 300. It's also got a Molle system for being strapped to my camping pack. The one on top is a JK Handmade Knives the 'Tool'. It sports a green canvas micarta handle with brass pins and is made of 0-1 heat treated to an RC of 58 and thumb ramps. It's what John calls a 'semi Scandi' grind. In other words, it's a Scandi grind but sports a secondary bevel which I soon hope to put a convex grind on it with my Ken Onion edition Worksharp that I hope to own soon. It also came with a leather pouch sheath. It is now sporting a mirror polished bevel. It's my 'real' bushcrafter for all of my snare setting, whittling, and food processing though I have no doubt that it will chop/baton wood very well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Danketch

Danketch Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2007
    You actually take that beautiful thing outside! Haha. Man that is a sweet knife!

19. matthew krissak

matthew krissak

Nov 11, 2005
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Brew-Jitsu

Brew-Jitsu

Oct 22, 2012
    Who are the makers for the brown handled knives? They look comfortable for larger hands.