Let's see your Case knives, old to new.

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Pipeman, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I have a Case/Bose Cattle Knife, and a Eureka Jack. It's been a constant struggle, but so far I've been able to stop myself from hitting the Add To Cart button on the Premium Stockman. I might as well give in, because eventually it's gonna happen. It's not like I don't have anything else to carry, but I just need one of those things.

Scott J., redsparrow and Peregrin like this.
  2. Ron Sabbagh

Ron Sabbagh Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 15, 1999
    It took me awhile as well. They aren't cheap. It is a bit heftier in size than most stockmans, but I don't mind the extra size and weight.

There are certain patterns in the case Bose collaborations that seem to be standouts (think Norfolk, which is universally praised). I think that Case knocked it out of the park with this pattern, especially in ebony wood where everything is smooth and flush. I prefer it to all my other production stockmans and ...dare I say.... I prefer it to even my custom stockmans.

Scott J. likes this.
  3. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    B902F213-A380-4949-A31D-52CA817F57BF.jpeg E693898C-D686-4152-BA0E-F0C6EEC7E5E0.jpeg D8D807B6-3C26-4B82-8CC4-7969D4B0D65F.jpeg

I AM running out of Case knives Ed, @Modoc ED ! Instead of buying more, I’ll try to be more creative with my photos. BTW, what color is that sodbuster? Did it come that way or did you dye it or put it on your roof in a snow storm or something? It has a unique color.

@Ace Rimmer , I LOVE that Texas Jack. It looks great!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  4. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    I can sympathize. Everytime I see a Eureka Jack my add to cart finger starts twitching. Sooner or later it'll happen. I had one in my hand at the Case Museum store. I should have just bit the bullet then.

Scott J. and Ironbut like this.
  5. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Yeah, the Eureka is nice!
    [​IMG]

6. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Jul 4, 2017
    I decided to get this one out and carry it for a while. It's rough but quite serviceable and a good user. The local knife store had a nice CV Texas jack in amber bone that I picked up for a fair price, and also this one that was identical right down to the date code, except really grungy with a lot of pitting on the blades, mostly in the spine area. It was priced right (cheap) so I bought it also, intending to use it to experiment with patina and bone dying. I've forgotten what all I tried; I know I did brown that looked pretty good, then blue but it didn't really take, then back to brown followed by red to change the shade a bit to something I like even more. The patina was done with hot vinegar followed by 0000 steel wool. The apparent fingerprints on the clip blade are actually in the mineral oil coating, which I put on fairly thick last night after a sharpening session. Funny, what we might think of as a beat up old knife today I would have been proud to carry and use every day as a kid. (I didn't notice until I took the photo that there's still some dye in the lettering on the shield!)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  7. Duper

Duper Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2016
    I see a new dark red jigged bone medium stockman with a punch in CV steel posted today on a vendor's website.

,,,Mike in Canada

Ace Rimmer and BuckShack like this.
  8. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    @Leslie Tomville - It's called Deep Canyon Jigged Autumn Bone. They range in color from bright orange to a less subdued shade of orange.

Leslie Tomville likes this.
  9. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Really? That would be a nice looking knife. I like mine, but I would prefer red bone... especially if it's their "crimson bone".

10. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Took a bit of playing around but it turned out well. Your "Chestnut Marble Cream" is unique and attractive :thumbsup::thumbsup:, a color Case should try to emulate. People pay extra for something like that.:)

Ace Rimmer likes this.
  11. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Jul 4, 2017
    Thanks! :)

12. OldHercDude

OldHercDude

Jun 28, 2020
    I like the way this turned out - good pick and good work on the knife. :thumbsup:

Ace Rimmer likes this.
  13. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Finally added a 10 dot Loom Fixer to the collection. Hard to believe this knife is 50 years old already, Case made a great knife back then.

IMG_2384.jpeg IMG_2385.jpeg IMG_2393.jpeg IMG_2399.jpeg

14. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Augie likes this.
  15. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

RLB0414, Old Hunter, A.S. and 9 others like this.
  16. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    7F469019-F814-4808-B79A-513D51F50E46.jpeg

69709ADE-4D80-49FD-BAA0-B15BC37A201A.jpeg

This thread has been quiet for way too long! The Copperhead is one of my all time favorites.

17. Bull71

Bull71

Jul 18, 2018
    I too like the Case copperhead. You have a beautiful example in your post above.

18. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Very knice Copperhead!!!:thumbsup:
    John

19. A.S.

A.S. Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Augie likes this.
  20. A.S.

A.S. Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Scuppernong harvest was plentiful this year.
    03F42A49-DD60-4243-8538-07394BB63042.jpeg

Old Hunter, RDaneel, Dschal and 8 others like this.