Lets see your CPK in Leather!

Discussion in 'Carothers Performance Knives' started by NJBillK, Jul 29, 2017.

1. mendezj

mendezj Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 24, 1998
    Perfection, if you ask me = CPK + Jou Fuu
    EDE7CD52-41B3-4791-8176-BFF69B8C0935.jpeg

Oyster, bonafide, Box_Opener and 14 others like this.
  2. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Just got the same sheath for my old UF. It pretty much disappears in IWB appendix carry.
    9D6EFD81-BF5D-4D88-A575-9F34F84EBC44.jpeg

jus_gus, fonedork, Mike157 and 7 others like this.
  3. mendezj

Nov 24, 1998
    I have the sheath for a DEK1..., now I need the knife.;)
    8EB34A8D-0C58-412F-8383-3F508455FEBC.jpeg

4. Daverous

Daverous StabosauROUS Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 31, 2018
    Need that cobra 4,but here's the last 3.

[​IMG]

Please note..... I added black long hair to the behemother....all you Nathan ;)

5. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
    although the kydex sheath for DEK1 is fantastic, I've really been enjoying leather work these days and had to whip up a sheath for my new favourite favourite knife.

I've been carrying my DEK1 for almost a week in the way I had designed for it to be carried; iwb. It absolutely disappears, and even though I've been playing demolition man lately, the knife never gets in the way or causes any discomfort, regardless of what awkward position or cramped space I'm working in.

The downside of iwb carry is that it's cumbersome to resheath the knife. You have to be more careful about cutting yourself and you have to get your shirt out of the way, which means using two hands. Iwb is great for purely defensive carry, where the knife only comes out when you need it, but for day to day use it has those limitations. Not to mention, it is illegal to intentionally conceal your carrying of a knife in Canada.

Standard, strapless belt carry is the most utilitarian way for me to carry a knife and because I want to put this DEK1 to work, I built this sheath for EDC. It came together both quickly and without any hitches, so I think I can say I'm starting to figure things out.

I hope you like it :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Phill50

Phill50 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2018
    Looks good!

I like how much of the handle you have sticking out that you can get your hand on. That sheath looks made perfect for that knife.

7. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
    [​IMG]

Mike157, Oyster, sryt95 and 17 others like this.
  8. Nathan the Machinist

Nathan the Machinist KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 13, 2007
    That is a fantastic looking sheath.

Mike157, Oyster, jus_gus and 10 others like this.
  9. Richard338

Richard338 Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2005
    Looks great.
    More rivets! (or cowbell)

Mike157, Oyster, jus_gus and 4 others like this.
  10. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    I would be happy to make one for you, my friend

Mike157, jus_gus, Odog27 and 3 others like this.
  11. Big DJ

Big DJ Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Lorien that looks about perfect for the DEK. Well done again.

Mike157, Oyster, mendezj and 5 others like this.
  12. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005

Mike157 and Odog27 like this.
  13. mendezj

Nov 24, 1998
    VERY cool and classy. Congratulations.

14. BIGDORK

BIGDORK Gold Member Gold Member

May 27, 2018

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    Odog27 likes this.
  15. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    A couple from Bill, @duramax. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Although a hobby, with all the care he puts into his work, he could easily make it a profession.

VashHash, Mike157, Oyster and 18 others like this.
  16. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Thank you for the kind words :) Yeah if I wasn’t slower than molasses running up tree in winter I’d be ok lol. Truly it’s time constraints as things happen :-( But I’m on the orders I’ve received and pushing forward. The things I won’t do is cut corners or send something out I wouldn’t myself like. Plus I do complicate things lol But hey that’s me :)

Mike157, David Lennon, Odog27 and 8 others like this.
  17. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    And I appreciate that, so does my son who will end up with these in 10-20 years.:eek:

Mike157, Odog27, Big DJ and 5 others like this.
  18. jus_gus

jus_gus Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Great looking set Martin. Bill sure builds them tough. His work reminds me of Chuddy Bear’s. :thumbsup::)

Mike157, mendezj, Odog27 and 4 others like this.
  19. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Thank you !!!

Man I loved Chuddy Bears sheaths !!!!!! He and Armoralleather are big reasons I started trying my hand at leather.
    My early work was very similar to Chuddy Bears, thick as a brick lol. Thickest sheath to date went to a member here for comp chopper.

20. Big DJ

Big DJ Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2013
    And he's a great guy and very easy to work with.

Mike157, mendezj, jus_gus and 5 others like this.