Lets see your CPK in Leather!

Discussion in 'Carothers Performance Knives' started by NJBillK, Jul 29, 2017.

1. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Thanks !! :)

2. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Mike157, .357gus, mendezj and 2 others like this.
  3. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Thank you :) I do and I have a DEK1 here to work with. I’ll be ordering in some other brand clips too. But wow they add up lol.

4. .357gus

.357gus Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2011
    This JouFuu ESEE3 ISP carries the FK2 real nice in the pocket.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  5. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    It's getting colder, time to pull up the pants.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. mendezj

mendezj Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 24, 1998
    How about just a little leather?
    F46C9051-CF2A-4DDF-97E9-940B4A74AE3D.jpeg

7. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
    that's what she said

8. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    Boy you run with a different group.:eek::oops:

9. mendezj

Nov 24, 1998
    28F0B396-2727-4895-9612-AF873582C571.jpeg

10. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
    got two more sheaths under my belt, (lol) today. Had to learn a couple new things in order to nail this commission I'm working on, and what better way than to make myself some sheaths? Will try to post up some pictures tomorrow

Mike157, untytled, woodysone and 3 others like this.
  11. .357gus

.357gus Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Got a new cross draw for the EDC(123) from Bud. It goes great with the DEK1 ISP. The DEK1 in the pocket and the EDC in the cross draw position. Both made of tough 10 - 11 oz harness leather. These should last a lifetime.:thumbsup::) @bonafide
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mike157, Tigerden, prom52 and 12 others like this.
  12. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mike157, woodysone, stjones and 10 others like this.
  13. mendezj

Nov 24, 1998
    Very nice work. Congrats. I like the green one a lot. But what’s the top hole for? Thank you.

14. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    thanks!

the hole is for mounting and iwb keeper strap primarily, although I have in mind a couple modular components that could be mounted for carrying it other ways.

the position of that hole and the overall shape of the sheath will be different when I build a run of these sheaths, this one's a prototype and I was in a bit of a rush to build it so I could figure out how to incorporate a deerskin lining on a commission I'm currently working on.

Mike157, Odog27, duramax and 3 others like this.
  15. mendezj

Nov 24, 1998
    Very cool. Thank you.

16. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    to me, the most important aspect of a sheath is how it works..Looks come second, (in my case, by a long shot!)
    I'm happy with how this sheath works, and the fundamentals are there. So, I think I'll move on to the next step and further develop a nicer looking sheath for DEK1, which I'll make a small batch of

Mike157, Wood5045, woodysone and 3 others like this.
  17. Big DJ

Big DJ Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2013
  18. duramax

Nov 29, 2012
    Yes , the clip is a 3.3 slim ulticlip

Thank you :)

19. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    I took the gnarliest, shittiest piece of leather I had that I figured was about the right size, and made a standard belt carry adapter for the sheath I put together a couple weeks ago (?I think?is time real?). It turned out better than expected

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VashHash, JJ_Colt45, Wood5045 and 9 others like this.
  20. duramax

Nov 29, 2012
    I like it !! :) Looks really good