Lets talk GEC!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by rockgolfer, Jun 23, 2013.

1. rswanson

rswanson Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2011
    oops wrong thread!

2. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Yes and yes, Vash.

3. rockgolfer

rockgolfer Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2008
    @black mamba you always post amazing examples but that 10 year anniversary etch 74 is in a league of it's own my friend! Very nice :)

4. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks, Jeff, that one cost me a pile, but worth it.

rockgolfer likes this.
  5. CaptInsano

CaptInsano

Apr 11, 2007
    Ahhh nothing so tasty as some forbidden fruit

EngrSorenson and nemrac72k like this.
  6. pmek5

pmek5 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2007
    A trivia question that maybe someone could answer. What was the last model GEC produced with hand written tube labels?

cbr1000 likes this.
  7. bbfish

bbfish

Jan 18, 2019
    When do we think GEC will start announcing some future patterns? I feel like for the full length of 2019 we knew what the next 3 knives would be. As far as I know there is a trapper in the pipeline but figured they would have officially announced it by now.

Matt Bernier likes this.
  8. knifeswapper

knifeswapper Knife Peddler Dealer / Materials Provider

Sep 3, 2004
    It is curious that their schedule doesn't have at least the #23's listed yet. But, if you figure how many more #62's they have coming between the carver and f/f - they are probably showing you 45 days or more.

EngrSorenson, Old Engineer and bbfish like this.
  9. bbfish

bbfish

Jan 18, 2019
    That’s true, I guess in my mind they’re all the same pattern but I’m definitely oversimplifying it.

10. TexasTomcat

TexasTomcat Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 21, 2018
    I think Waverave probably has the best and most complete set of info that might have this info...excel spreadsheet.

11. TexasTomcat

TexasTomcat Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 21, 2018
  12. MerryMadMonk

MerryMadMonk Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 22, 2011
    Tim, I'm gonna say the 43 Oregon Trapper. The 71 Bull Nose came next and had printed label.

btb01 and pmek5 like this.
  13. pmek5

pmek5 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Thank you!

14. AZCoyote

AZCoyote

Apr 30, 2019
    Lots of photos posted of the 23s being worked in the GEC "what's happening page".

Onearmbladenut and cbr1000 like this.
  15. AZCoyote

AZCoyote

Apr 30, 2019
    Anyone hear if all the 23s will be 2 blade trappers or will they make some single blade runs too? If they are all 2 blades my wallet is probably safe this time around but if there is a single blade offering I might have a dilemma on my hands when that CK reserves message goes out.

16. knifeswapper

knifeswapper Knife Peddler Dealer / Materials Provider

Sep 3, 2004
    How do you feel about 1Blade Linerlock models?

17. Matt_WY

Matt_WY Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2018
    A dealer mentioned to me that this will be a large run, there will be single blades, which I believe he said would have a liner lock.

and.....confirmed by Mike above, these will be nice

18. AZCoyote

AZCoyote

Apr 30, 2019
    Oh boy, that's just the type of thing that would get that reserve finger twitchy. I dont own any GEC liner locks so it looks like GEC might win again.

Onearmbladenut and cbr1000 like this.
  19. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    Oh, this sounds great! Would love to see a clip point, and in some flavor of dark or stripey wood...

Onearmbladenut likes this.
  20. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 19, 2018
    Yes , I got mad at GEC last year over this knife. GEC showed production line photos for about 3 days and pulled them. When I looked up the 2019 production numbers , these were for some kind of fishing event. GEC loves to tease on their customers. I was hoping for a #65 nifebrite to go with my Ben Hogan #65 spear blade autumn gold jigged bone knife. It did not happen. I am happy you got one. Thank You for sharing.

black mamba likes this.