Lets talk Hawkbills

Discussion in 'Battle Blades with Greg Walker' started by Vermonster, May 30, 2002.

1. satin

satin

Apr 6, 2001
    Will, I totally understand the motion you are describing... at least, I think I do.
    Holding the knife in a forward grip (I'd say not saber, but similar just put them thumb down on your hand), closed hand at a verticle angle/blade sorta straight up, so the point is forward, and then just shooting the hand forward in a thrust, and as the point goes into the target, turn your fist straight down. Dont twist it from side to side, just rotate it from up to down, along the verticle axis?
    I would, an dhave before, thought this would be a particularly wicked stroke, and would do a lot of damage... definatly if once in, the blade was just ripped/pulled straight back out again, tearing the wound open more.

I believe the back of the Battle Sickle is sharpened, yes.
    And I also think the way you talk of using it, is as Szabo intended it, since ont he site refference is made to its distinctly tomahawk like characteristics, with some supposed advantages (seem to make sense to me.)
    I like it, and the idea's behind it... would be a very devastating CQB weapon.
    However the like $800 price tag, puts it way out of my range...
    (Its probably be hard to carry around with ya too ;))

2. satin

satin

Apr 6, 2001
    Anybody know where I can find a picture?

3. satin

satin

Apr 6, 2001
    [​IMG]
    Found this on Blade-Art a few minutes ago, its made by Fred Perrin.
    Traditional almost, but with a one hand opener... good looking, and has one of those nice safe blades without a point, that cant hurt anybody. :rolleyes: ;)
    haha

4. will22

will22

May 13, 2002
    Satin that is exactly what I meant. I also have to agree with you about the price on the sicle. If it was say $300 I might get one. Another knife from them I wouldn't mind having is the UUK. I bet it would be an awesome weapon with the right training. Oh if you havn't checked out there vid. clips I think you should.

5. jim_l_clifton

jim_l_clifton

Mar 31, 2000
    Guys,
    Please forgive the numerous posts on the CORVO subjest, wasn't trying to be a smart***, computor went s mok!!
    jim

6. satin

satin

Apr 6, 2001
    No worries man... I knew what'd happened and didnt think you were being a smart-arse. (the software decided it was an MP-5 instead of a Colt SAA ;))