Life comes at you fast

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by Shann, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Shann

Shann

Sep 2, 2004
    My son was home this weekend for a wedding. He lives all the way over on the west coast now so we don't see him much. He wanted to get together with a friend of his, but the schedule just didn't work. No biggie, his friend said, we'll just get together next time.

My son's friend had a brain aneurysm at home alone on Sunday and wasn't found until Monday. By then there was nothing that could be done. His mother took him off life support yesterday. He was 28.

I knew that his father had passed away at a young age (in his 50s) from a stroke, but he had never had any signs of a problem. My son never had a lot of friends and he was one of them. It is hitting my son hard.

James Fraser likes this.
  2. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Platinum Member

May 14, 2012
    Sorry to hear. Prayers for you and your son.

3. Shann

Shann

Sep 2, 2004
    Thank you. I did talk to my son again and he said he is "fine" which is how he has been ever since he was a little boy; even when he wasn't. He did talk to his best friend who was also a friend of the deceased so there has been some long distance friend therapy.

taldesta and Sharp & Fiery like this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo

Nov 5, 2001
    I'm sorry to hear this Shann. 28. Damn.... way too freaking early to go. My deepest condolences to your son and his friend's family.

Shann likes this.
  5. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    Man that's awful. Just awful.
    I'm 28 and.. Yeah.

Shann likes this.
  6. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    I believe that is precisely what happened to Derrick Bohn with KSF. It is a sad unpredictable thing. I'm sorry that I never had the opportunity to meet him. I feel for your son.

Shann likes this.
  7. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Very sorry to hear this. Condolences to your son.

8. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2000
    We often don't know it's coming when our time is up. Give your wife and kids a hug and tell them you love them.

9. Shann

Shann

Sep 2, 2004
    He was home over the weekend (all the way from Seattle) for the "celebration of life" memorial service. His friend's mom broke down in tears when she saw him because coming all that way showed her what their friendship meant. I'm lucky to have such a son.

Rykjeklut likes this.
  10. SW-EDC

SW-EDC Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 4, 2015
    Gone far too young. My condolonces to your son.

Shann likes this.
  11. Worldwatcher

Worldwatcher Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Prayers!