Light Weight Ang Khola for 4/28

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    15 inch 20 ounce Ang Khola by Bal Bahadur the (strong and brave) Kami. Satisal wood handle. Great backpack Knife at $125. *SOLD*

Email to [email protected] to order
    First come first served
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  2. Steve Tall

Steve Tall

Aug 28, 2010
    I like the weight and bevel combination. Nice bevel for cutting into wood, not smashing it.

3. Joekido

Joekido

Apr 18, 2009
    Very,very nice....If I haven't had some other commitments, I would surely jump on this..love the grinds...super knife...

4. Steve Tall

Steve Tall

Aug 28, 2010
    I bought a Ganga Ram in about the same weight and length, and the bevels look similar. This AK has a pointier tip and a nice fuller.

5. HairahSitna

HairahSitna

Mar 6, 2011
    email sent...:)

6. mobileninja

mobileninja

Mar 17, 2011
    Whew.. thanks I was going back and forth :). It wasn't the one I was dead set on but the price, size and weight was spot on. If it had a horn handle I wouldn't have hesitated as long as I did.

7. HairahSitna

HairahSitna

Mar 6, 2011
    It looks like real nice working blade. The reason I jumped was I still needed to gift a khuk to my friend Alan. He is much smaller than I am and this Khuk at 15" + 20oz should suit him fine. Still no email response yet - it coulda been silent sharked, so best not to count my khuks before the confirm from Auntie Yangdu. :eek:

8. JayGoliath

JayGoliath

Mar 27, 2010
    Very nice score Hairah!

The pronounced fuller gives a defined character to the AK and it's only 20 Oz!

Your friend gonna love it!

9. mobileninja

mobileninja

Mar 17, 2011
    Yep. I'm a small guy to compared to some of the 6 footers here. The size and weight would be perfect for the every day worker. I agree your buddy is gonna be stoked. So far, all my HI khuks are wood. I'm keen on a good worker with a horn handle. I'm still even debating on chiruwa style or standard since I've read alot here about feeling the shock more in your hand and arm from a chiruwa style when chopping. I have a mcurdy currently that is similar to the chiruwa tang and I agree the shock is there at least on the model I have.. unless its a make and balancing issue...

10. Joekido

Joekido

Apr 18, 2009
    Good score HairahSitna! I think your friend will really like her...nice looker she is...:)

11. HairahSitna

HairahSitna

Mar 6, 2011
    I haven't heard back from Yangdu yet, so I fear this little beauty might have been silent sharked....:p

Yes she has a incredibly stout looking blade for only a 20oz knife. I like the angles on this chopper and that pointy tip looks serious.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  12. b.c.molin

b.c.molin

Nov 28, 2008
    This Khuk is truly a classic beauty. :)

Congrat's to its owner. :thumbup:

13. heinlein

heinlein

Aug 23, 2010
    In my experience Auntie Yangdu generally responds fairly quickly if an item is sharked shortly after being posted; but she is a busy woman and doesn't sit around checking e-mails for hours afterwords. Hope you got it.

If I hadn't been busy today I would have been tempted myself.

14. HairahSitna

HairahSitna

Mar 6, 2011
    Got the email this morning.:thumbup: That little beauty is on the way to Florida today.:D
    I know Alan will be so happy the first time he pulls the blade from the frog and sees it in person and feels the khuk power in his hand.

15. stickfred

stickfred

Nov 6, 2009
    Glad you were able to find the right gift for your friend. I'm sure he'll be very happy and blessed with your gift.

16. GregS

GregS

May 6, 2008
    There's something about this AK! Sorry for the bump, but I think it's spectacular.

17. HairahSitna

HairahSitna

Mar 6, 2011
    This little AK was a looker for sure. Alan was very pleased with the gift. It fit his hands and he liked the overall balance and feel. The blade was high polished and gorgeous + reasonably sharp for the polish type. Both chakma and karda were good looking with very nice grain in the wood of the handles. The frog fit nicely and after a little polish the brass tip looked good too. Another top quality HI offering. :thumbup:

Thanks again Yangdu !!