1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Lil native owners; grind down that nub, or ignore it?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Pollywog, May 6, 2019.

Grind down nub?

1. Yes

11.1%
  2. No, ignore

55.6%
  3. Buy a different knife

33.3%
  1. Pollywog

Pollywog Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2019
    I'm thinking about buying a lil native. That I can carry it just about anywhere appeals to me, but I'm trying to make a good decision not an impulsive one.

Does that nub that the closed blade leaves next to the compression lock release bother you? Does it rub against your finger or displace your finger when cutting? Have you filed it down?

Just curious as to what your preferences are.

2. ric75

ric75

Jun 2, 2017
    On my uncoated blade I get rid of that knob.

On my coated blade I left it original.

Both worked fine for me.
    Try to use it a few weeks and then see...

Pollywog likes this.
  3. BTGuy

BTGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 5, 2016
    I've found that nub a minor annoyance when closing the blade, but that's about it. Bumps my finger and stops the blade from closing fully if you hold enough of the compression lock tab. Not really a deal-breaker in my opinion. Could be a problem if you plan to flick open and close the knife dozens of times though.

Pollywog likes this.
  4. AFDavis11

AFDavis11

Jan 1, 2018
    Don’t mess with it, unless it bothers you. Great knife.

5. Pollywog

Pollywog Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2019
    Thank you. This does help. I've heard such good things about the knife. I think there isn't a good reason not to check it out.