LionSteel-made knives you currently own

Discussion in 'LionSteel knives' started by RamZar, Sep 9, 2013.

1. GAGL

GAGL

Jan 1, 2016
    I really wish they would offer them with a lock...

2. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    To the best of my knowledge, this is the only Lionsteel-made knife I own
    DSC_0147.JPG
    DPx Gear Heft4

microbe likes this.
  3. rkc2000

rkc2000 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Lionsteel Thrill in Bronze Titanium with the great 390 blade.
    Lionsteel Dom Barlow with rams horn side plates 390 blade.
    My son has the same Lionsteel Dom Barlow coming from Italy with the ebony blades. We have the same taste in knives:) 0-2.jpg IMG_1748.jpg

microbe, chacapa and Haegar like this.
  4. Laurelbb

Laurelbb Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    hi Lionsteel enthusiasts. I have a question- I'm a big fan of the CK Lionsteel (& Viper for that matter) hybrids and own quite a few of them. My recently bought copper Roundhead shipped with an apparently uneven surface treatment on the copper. I assumed the covers were naked so to speak, but the surface quickly - 1rst day of very lite handling only- broke down on one side and not the other, please see pics. I made a point to touch both sides equally and after a week or so the pile side surface is now almost completely 'off'. Does anyone have a similar issue or know anything about it? thanks, Laurel

Attached Files:

chacapa likes this.
  5. Stelth

Stelth

Jul 15, 2007
    This is my first and I got it only yesterday. I really am impressed. Everything about it is perfect!

[​IMG]

Psy223, chacapa, microbe and 2 others like this.
  6. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Joe58

Joe58 Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 11, 2002
    I’m assuming these scales were from CK? Have you contacted them about the issue? If it’s from CK, they offer a 14 day satisfaction grace period. I’ve used that once myself, and they were very helpful and quick to resolve the issue.

That doesn’t like a normal “patina” forming on there so quickly and that uneven. Let us know what happens.

I’m wondering if you used some metal polish on them to get both sides clean again, if a proper patina would then form. Maybe there’s some type of leftover coating or whatever from manufacturing in the one side.