1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Locking mechanism for folder knive

Discussion in 'Hammer & Tongs' started by Natlek, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Natlek

Natlek

Jun 9, 2015
    What do you think about this? I think the picture clear show what I mind . And if I invented hot water again........ just ignore this :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  2. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Similar to the Cold Steel Pocket Bushman...that one doesn't have a stop pin though. I'm not sure, but it might also be similar to the D.O.G (Deadbolt over grabstep) lock.

~Chip

3. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    I have thought of a very similar locking mechanism. I don't see why it wouldn't work. I think it would be self adjusting for imperfections because of the wedge shape that fits underneath the stop pin.

4. Natlek

Natlek

Jun 9, 2015
    Bushman have not stop pin , locking depends from closed frame ....not the same , not even close to my solution ... I can t find to see that D.O.G ?

5. Natlek

Natlek

Jun 9, 2015
    Yes ...............and not only from imperfection and from wear on parts over time . Most important is that this part /blue one/ not need strong support on scale/frame , all forces are on the pin and on the blade . Something like tri-ad lock , but much simple to make ...........two-ad lock ??
    Tri on Macedonian is three :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  6. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Manix2 uses this style of lock? Bolt on a spring.

7. Scottydawg

Scottydawg

Nov 7, 2016
    With the location of that stop pin, it does not look like it will close... Unless I am missing something?

8. Natlek

Natlek

Jun 9, 2015
    It's just a drawing .Of course that dimensions of blade and place of pivot and stop pin will change little in real ....