Locking mechanism for folder knive

Discussion in 'Hammer & Tongs' started by Natlek, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Natlek

Natlek

Jun 9, 2015
    What do you think about this? I think the picture clear show what I mind . And if I invented hot water again........ just ignore this :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  2. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Ti anodizing, and mods Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Similar to the Cold Steel Pocket Bushman...that one doesn't have a stop pin though. I'm not sure, but it might also be similar to the D.O.G (Deadbolt over grabstep) lock.

~Chip

3. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    I have thought of a very similar locking mechanism. I don't see why it wouldn't work. I think it would be self adjusting for imperfections because of the wedge shape that fits underneath the stop pin.

4. Natlek

Natlek

Jun 9, 2015
    Bushman have not stop pin , locking depends from closed frame ....not the same , not even close to my solution ... I can t find to see that D.O.G ?

5. Natlek

Natlek

Jun 9, 2015
    Yes ...............and not only from imperfection and from wear on parts over time . Most important is that this part /blue one/ not need strong support on scale/frame , all forces are on the pin and on the blade . Something like tri-ad lock , but much simple to make ...........two-ad lock ??
    Tri on Macedonian is three :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  6. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Manix2 uses this style of lock? Bolt on a spring.

7. Scottydawg

Scottydawg

Nov 7, 2016
    With the location of that stop pin, it does not look like it will close... Unless I am missing something?

8. Natlek

Natlek

Jun 9, 2015
    It's just a drawing .Of course that dimensions of blade and place of pivot and stop pin will change little in real ....