1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Long time since I was on this forum...

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by PappaCutter, Jun 15, 2019.

1. PappaCutter

PappaCutter

Jul 24, 2015
    Hey guys, I bought 10 or so kuk's a few years back. My brother has gotten into blades so I wanted to buy him one. I remember there are a top two or three favorites.

What are the top 3 must haves for me to look out for him?

Pappa

2. George Azar

George Azar Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Welcome back! On the main HI page, Ms Yangdu states the AK, BAS and WWII are the top 3 sellers. I love the CAK and BAS the best but I also suffer from mood swings....HI fever!:p

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  3. gtk4158a

gtk4158a Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 17, 2014
    The Kumar cobra is deceptive. It doesn't appear like much but I have several H
    I. Kukris and this is my second favorite. The first place prize is a tie between BAS and my "Manakamana" . The BAS is exquisite between form and function. It isnt huge or even big and considering all, you don't want a big BAS. It chops well , is fairly easy to sharpen and is a brutal cutter. I tested it on a "Boston But" and in a chopping motion, the cut was terrible bad. I mean if the was a live critter it would be wicked bad. H.I doesn't get Manakamanas often. These blades are named after a temple where animal sacrifices are done. The blade style isnt radically curved. A couple months ago I contacted Mrs Landou and asked if I could have one custom made. She accepted the commission. I sent a deposit. And I got it today. It is exquisite !!! I would suggest you send her a note after you have it narrowed to a few styles and ask her if she has any exceptionals of those. I promise you what she sends you will blow your mind!!

4. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    I agree about the Manakamana Special, which I have described as a Sirupati on steroids. Here's a picture of the one I got in 2012. I believe it's from the first batch made when this model first came out. It's 17.5" overall length, very well balanced, feels much lighter than its actual weight of 28 oz, and very comfortable in the hand. They don't show up very often on the forum, but as gtk says, you can call or email Yangdu and ask to have one made for you. Might take a while, but worth the wait.

upload_2019-6-21_13-8-44.png