1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Longer 124?

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by David Nowlin, Dec 27, 2018.

1. David Nowlin

David Nowlin Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Must have been a long time ago? I would pay $10 an inch! Lol that would be worth every penny

2. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    That custom? Is it 11inches? I never got an answer

3. BuckShack

BuckShack Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2015
  4. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    So i looked and the handle is 5 1/2 inches. I blew your picture up so the handle was 1 1/2 inches then got a little over 3 inches on the blade in the scaled down picture. Hence some where in the 11-11 1/2 inch range. Best i can do since i could not get an answer.
    I'm thinking a 8 inch blade would be my cuppa tea.

5. jb4570

jb4570 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2005
    I like the current size of the 124 as is. There are better bigger Buck Bowie knives to be had. Clint talked about the 903 Special Bowie and I like the 909 Mountain Bowie also.

Here are a few photos of the large Bowie's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    jb4570

bucksway, pjsjr and Bill Chamberlin like this.
  6. eveled

eveled Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    The big brother is a stick tang. The Becker’s are full tangs. Becker’s are pretty near indestructible. However I like the 124 more. I don’t baton wood with a knife.

DDDWho likes this.
  7. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    903,909 i'll check them out. Thanks

8. skylercstevens

skylercstevens Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 7, 2013
    12 in blade

9. st8yd

st8yd Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2009
    The 904 is an awesome knife. The best Buck fixed blade in my opinion when it comes to looks.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  10. skyhorse

skyhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Oh my, you guys are really pushing your luck here. No Buck 124 for you.:D:D:D

jb4570 likes this.
  11. DDDWho

DDDWho

Aug 21, 2015
    My nephew picked up a used Western W49 Bowie knife somewhere. Its a huge knife, somewhere around the size the OP is asking for. He wears it sometimes when he comes to visit. On his belt it dangles almost to his knees, he has to adjust its location to set down. I have no idea how it would be carried continually and still be handy. I sometimes wear my 124. I have non of those problems.

eveled likes this.