1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 16 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Buck Custom Shop 119 Special lasermarked with the BladeForums logo!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Buck Custom Shop 119, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Apil 20; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Recommendation? Looking for a Damasteel folder

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by golden_dragon, Apr 12, 2019.

1. golden_dragon

golden_dragon Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2016
    I've sold most of my collections since I don't use or even like them anymore. The list includes: Boker, Buck, Begg knives, Benchmade, Hinderer, Medford, Rike, Spyderco, Strider, WE. Only a few was left on my table.
    So my next target would be a folder with Damasteel. No price limit, no size limit and no brand limit but of course I am not looking for a Highend Customized master piece.
    What you guys say about a Spyderco C41CF40th Native Damasteel?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 10:19 AM
  2. Stumpy72

Stumpy72 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 5, 2018
    Take a look at what Olamic is doing with damasteel right now. Not cheap, but not outrageously priced and customizable, but not totally or over-the-top custom. If you do decide to go for one, it’d probably be best to deal directly with Olamic and probably sooner rather than later. They’re not making too many of them, only limited quantities will get to vendors and they probably won’t last long.

There’s also a damasteed Reate Torrent that just showed up in the Exchange.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    SeppukuSamurai likes this.
  3. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    Holt blade works in damasteel. You'll really like it. My buddy just got one a week or two ago.

SeppukuSamurai likes this.
  4. SeppukuSamurai

SeppukuSamurai Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 19, 2014
    The Reate Future in Damasteel is really something special. Absolutely gorgeous. There is one on the big auction site right now in Mokuti and Damasteel. Integral collaboration with Tashi Barucha.

Not sure if you've tried a Reate but the are top tier. One of the best.

Stunning piece.

Here is video -

knoefz likes this.
  5. SeppukuSamurai

Aug 19, 2014
    I hate the drop based business model but I love the Spectres. They're gorgeous and look to be amazing.

Mo2 likes this.
  6. knoefz

knoefz

Mar 20, 2009
    Shirogorov F7

[​IMG]

----------

Edit: at the time I posted this above the first post stated "no price limit".... looks like that was edited out.
    My post looks silly now but because this knife is a piece of art I' just leave it here :p

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 1:08 PM
    SeppukuSamurai and willard0341 like this.
  7. dkb45

dkb45 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2012
  8. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Lionsteel has a bunch in Damascus. Maybe not Damasteel but Damascus none the less.

9. SeppukuSamurai

Aug 19, 2014
    Probably the best option if you can foot the bill. Nothing like a Shiro.

knoefz likes this.
  10. ArchVV

ArchVV Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Cheburkov makes a few models with damasteel that are reasonably priced.

11. jfk1110

jfk1110 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Charles Marlowe has some of the most incredible damasteel folders I've seen.If money is no object. Some of the South African makers have some beautiful ones too, less money too.
    Happy hunting.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 12:58 AM
  12. jceckrosh

jceckrosh Gold Member Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Mar 2, 2016
    When you say Damasteel you mean the Damasteel(TM) stuff or general Damascus steel?

13. golden_dragon

Dec 14, 2016
    Good question, I would prefer the ones made from powder steel.

14. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I have that 40th anniversary Spyderco and I've never brought myself to carry it. It's so nice, I'm afraid of messing it up and I rarely keep a safe queen. As far as the knife itself, I have a few other different Natives and the Damasteel one is definitely the nicest at fit and finish.

CIVIVI (WE Knives) has a version of their Naja Flipper coming out in Damasteel. I know you mentioned price was no object, but at $75 it's got to be one of the lowest price entries into a knife with Damasteel.
    https://www.bladehq.com/item--CIVIVI-Naja-Flipper-Liner-Lock--96907

15. jceckrosh

jceckrosh Gold Member Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Mar 2, 2016
    My problem with that Native is the 40th Anniv. thing on the blade. Ruins it for me.

16. golden_dragon

Dec 14, 2016
    I would go for it! LOL
    :cool:

17. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I really should!