1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Looking for makers in my area.

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by Keilen, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Keilen

Keilen

Sep 6, 2013
    I've just completed my first two knives (stock removal). I have been snooping around here on this site for about 6 months reading and trying to learn what I can in order to make a knife. Every question I have had has been answered by searching this site. I am at a point where I would love to speak to someone face to face and get info, tips, tricks and anything else they are willing to share with me about knife making and setting up my shop. I'm located in central Florida (Winter Haven) and was curious if there was anyone local to this area willing to speak with me about knives. Even though I am currently using the stock removal method, I think I am ultimately interested in forging.

2. Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith ilmarinen - MODERATOR Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 20, 2004
  3. Adam Buttry

Adam Buttry

Nov 10, 2010
    There is another maker from Winter Haven on this forum. His user name is NJJ. His name and location stuck in my memory because I use to live in Lakeland before moving back to Tennessee. You might try contacting him to see if he would be willing to help you. Good luck.

4. Keilen

Keilen

Sep 6, 2013
    I appreciate the help with that. I have also visited the Florida Knife Makers Guild website. I guess I figured with so many active makers on this site that if I threw this out there someone might pop up in my area.

5. Keilen

Keilen

Sep 6, 2013
    Thanks Adam, I will search him out. Lakeland is nice, but most of what I have seen in Tennessee in nicer. Can't say I blame you for moving back:)

6. Iwannashoot

Iwannashoot

Jan 26, 2012
    Watch that attitude. Many of the "Native Floridian" makers might not be so willing to help if that is your attitude. Remember you were the one asking for help.

Jeff

7. Keilen

Keilen

Sep 6, 2013
    Thank you. No attitude, just a little humor! I am a native floridian, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

8. NJJ

NJJ

May 28, 2013
    Hey, I left you a visitor message. Shoot me an email and we can set something up. I've only been doing this for a short time but I'd be more than happy to share what I know :)