1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

M14s(Randall design)

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by R APPLEBY, Jul 22, 2018.

1. R APPLEBY

R APPLEBY KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 11, 2003
    Hello all, fresh from the shutter of Chuck Ward are my 2 most recent completed projects. I made some minor changes, slimmed down the guard on the elk model and changed the grind on the clips a little. Hope ya like them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blade; 1/4 X 7 ½ inch hollow ground, satin finished D2

Guard; 416 SS

Handle; 1980s Westinghouse linen micarta with red and white spacers
    Or elk with red and stainless steel spacers and butt cap.
    OAL; 12 1/4 inches

Sheath; Black Boltron
    Or Wickett & Craig oiled leather with Norton pocket stone.

Thanks for looking

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  2. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    Wow! Stunning knives Bob, I really like the Elk antler handle on the second one.

Dawkind likes this.
  3. R APPLEBY

R APPLEBY KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 11, 2003
    Thank you Scott. I always check the dog chew boxes at the gun shows and fairs.

Dawkind likes this.
  4. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    Always SO FINE my friend....I throughly enjoy your work. :)

R APPLEBY likes this.
  5. AVigil

AVigil Adam Vigil knifemaker working the grind Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Platinum Member

Feb 17, 2009
    They look great, I love that micarta on that style

R APPLEBY likes this.
  6. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017
    The stag fighter is stunning beautiful work

R APPLEBY likes this.
  7. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    Wow, excellent renditions. I like the antler-handled one best, and that's seldom the case.

R APPLEBY likes this.
  8. R APPLEBY

Mar 11, 2003
    Thanks all for the kind words.

9. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    My goodness that elk handled beast is intimidating, looks great! (They both do of course)

R APPLEBY likes this.
  10. junglefighter

junglefighter

Aug 13, 2008
    Be advised while watching the M14s from Bob, the Micarta one is mine, so hands off.. Oh Ok, you guys can look at the picture and have night dreams about it

Jsega51 and R APPLEBY like this.
  11. R APPLEBY

Mar 11, 2003
    Love the enthusiasm Bill, I'll be looking for the report from the jungle:D

12. john april

john april KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2006
    nice stuff ! love that micarta.

13. R APPLEBY

Mar 11, 2003
    Thanks John.

14. junglefighter

junglefighter

Aug 13, 2008
    Hey Bob,
    I have to hit the dozen mark for all the customs you and I have collaborated over the past few years. Will send you a pic of what I did with some of them laid out

15. R APPLEBY

Mar 11, 2003
    :eek::cool::):D:thumbsup::thumbsup:.......looking forward to it.

16. Matthew Gregory

Matthew Gregory Chief Executive in charge of Entertainment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 12, 2005
    That elk version is absolutely perfect.

17. R APPLEBY

Mar 11, 2003
    Thanks Matt.