1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

May 2019 Buck of the Month - Released

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by Tecate, May 7, 2019.

1. st8yd

st8yd Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Its been 7hrs, whats the hold up? Lol

jbmonkey likes this.
  2. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    LOL. 3 in front of it.

jbmonkey likes this.
  3. STEELHEADBULLY

STEELHEADBULLY Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 4, 2014
    How many of your 100s of knives are this type of steel?

4. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    decided the wife would like it as an addition to her buck cutlery set. see what I did there.....:Dplus I like this steel. so I got one on the way now......

Tecate, jmh33 and Makael like this.
  5. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    I bought this one for myself. I wont use it much but look forward to it. I gotta man it up tho with new pants.

6. jbmonkey

Jun 9, 2011
    :thumbsup:

7. Rebel Nimrod

Rebel Nimrod

Jan 23, 2014
    Help! I want one but never bought a knife of the month, do I order straight from Buck? I just called them and they are closed, short day on Friday. Please advise how I can get one.

8. jbmonkey

Jun 9, 2011
    Rebel Nimrod and sassafrassdogs3 like this.
  9. sassafrassdogs3

sassafrassdogs3 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2016
    For a large sum of money, I might be able to get you one, no guarantees....:D:D:D:D:cool:

They're still available on the website. Follow jb's link and order one....

Rebel Nimrod and jbmonkey like this.
  10. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    Sure enough. Cant be very many left.

Rebel Nimrod and jbmonkey like this.
  11. Tecate

Tecate Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 28, 2017
    As of this post time...15 left.

12. Rebel Nimrod

Rebel Nimrod

Jan 23, 2014
    Thanks guys!

13. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    Count is off. Yesterday buck checked when I bought mine and 10 were left

jbmonkey likes this.
  14. jbmonkey

Jun 9, 2011
    ^well I bought one today, for the wife;),so max left cant be more than 9 now.....

unless maybe cancelled orders or returns maybe?

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  15. Tecate

Jul 28, 2017
    They show 15 in online inventory right now. I recall you stating this yesterday and checked the inventory and it had went down from 17 to 16 from your purchase. I was wondering about what they quoted you as available in store and why there was a discrepancy, but for as long as I have been checking the count online, it has always been accurate and goes out of stock online when the online counter is <1.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  16. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    I not sure. Computer at Buck said 10 and they don't offer the BOTM in the store, I have to pay online then I can will call in the store. The low count kinda prompted me to get one, you can call the store on Monday if you want to check,

17. st8yd

st8yd Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Look forward to hearing your comparison of the full flat grind vs the same knife in hollow grind.

18. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    New pants! Process in the sheath thread. 20190518_132400.jpg

orangejoe35, KarlG, jmh33 and 6 others like this.
  19. Tecate

Jul 28, 2017
  20. Tecate

Jul 28, 2017
    Question for those with experience with 12C27Mod Sandvik blade steel. This is my first experience with it and I always like to take care of my knives. Is there anything I should know as far a prevention and care of this knife beyond cleaning and drying the knife after use?

I quickly learned with 5160 blade steel that in addition to keeping clean and dry that I needed to put thin layer of oil/lube on the blade to aid in the prevention of rust while in storage. I was really surprised on how quickly it could rust in Arizona when clean and in storage.

Thank you.

Last edited: May 18, 2019