1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Mine and my wifes first pistols.

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by Robert.B, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Robert.B

Robert.B

Apr 17, 2003
    Pretty excited, got to the US after 15 months of immigration process and got these for me and my wife today...2 x Cimarron .45 colt "pistolero", 4 3/4" barrel. Shoot great, a new experience since in Australia I only had rifles. Could not be happier with Cimarron, ordered these through Cabelas who were also great to deal with getting them to North central KS from Glendale, AZ. :thumbup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NeoClassic

NeoClassic

Aug 18, 2009
    Sweet six shooters.

3. type00rev

type00rev

Sep 29, 2008
    Nice......now get yourself a couple Glocks! Congrats on your immigration status.

4. Wharn

Wharn Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Congrats on the pistols and status!

5. Robert.B

Robert.B

Apr 17, 2003
    Thanks guys, I arrived in November but I couldnt wait to get myself a pistol and Cimarron have always been something I have wanted. Got to say that I love Kansas firearm laws, only downside is I can't conceal carry till I sit my citizenship.

6. Steven65

Steven65 Traditional Hog Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Congrats! There is nothing like the feel of your own pistol in your hand! LOL:eek:

Now you need a nice 4" jigged bone trapper to go with those.........

PS- Not to stray of the subject but if you are going to CC, find a good instructor and start training now.....Particularly the basics. That way when you are ready to apply you are way ahead of the curve.

Enjoy!:)

Steven

7. Txknifefan

Txknifefan

Jul 9, 2011
    Have fun with those, my cousin's mother-in-law has one. They are a blast to shoot, lot's of fun target shooting has been done with the old single actions.

8. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Look like fun! I need to get a single action wheel gun.

I want a Ruger Bisley .45.

9. 6.0stroker

6.0stroker Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 21, 2008
    I own 4 Ruger SA Wheel guns 44Mag, 357Mag, Super Blackhawks and 22 SingleSix and a Little Super Bearcat 22!! ( as well as SEVERAL semi autos (-; )
    Wheel GUNS are Super fun as well as safe and reliable!! Enjoy the GOOD ole Cowboy Guns and the days of yor!!
    Also welcome to America and the RIGHT to Own and Bear arms!!

10. Robert.B

Robert.B

Apr 17, 2003
    Thanks guys, I sure love single action arms and older action carbine rifles...when it gets closer to me getting citizenship I will look into a good 1911 (Likely a Springfield TRP) to carry in 45 acp. I have since posting this put a 50 box through them, every shot went as it should and it is quite accurate from the 35-40' line we set up. My wife had a blast shooting hers, even if she was a little scared at first. :p

11. kfgk14

kfgk14

Jun 18, 2010
    Congrats, and thanks for taking the right path into the land of opportunity.

Now go buy an AR!
    :p

12. Robert.B

Robert.B

Apr 17, 2003
    Thanks.

Actually out of semi-auto rifles I want a worked mini-14 first :p Really liking them...but a little out of the budget for now.

13. sodak

sodak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2004
    So Robert B. immigrates here, but Quigley goes to Australia - what's up with that? :D

14. Robert.B

Robert.B

Apr 17, 2003
    I could be the Australian in America "Quigley"...but someone has to send me a Sharps rifle to fill that picture! ;) *hints*

15. razorsdescent

razorsdescent

Jan 16, 2005
    welcome to the u.s. Time for an assault weapon :p

16. Slidetechnik

Slidetechnik

Jul 16, 2009
    Nice! Looks fun!

17. KB3UBW

KB3UBW

Sep 11, 2011
    just dont forget the "shoulder thing that goes up"

18. brizbane

brizbane

Feb 4, 2007
    Welcome to the US of A, and best of luck with those pistolas!

19. Ed Ricketts

Ed Ricketts Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 7, 1998
    WELCOME to the Land of the Free!

Reasonably close to free, anyway. Many of us grouse a lot (myself included) and our liberties are certainly neither absolute, nor as close to utopian perfection as I believe we should be... but I truly believe we have it pretty good.

Nothing wrong with rifles of course, but there's no reason any (reasonably) sane, law abidin adult shouldn't have pistols as well if they jolly well please. Enjoy them.

20. CWL

CWL

Sep 15, 2002
    Nice pair of pistolas there! Have you gotten full leather rigs for them as well? Doing any Cowboy Action Shooting yet?

I know you're already here, but I wish you and your wife (plus kids) "Welcome" to the USA!