1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Week 16 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Buck Custom Shop 119 Special lasermarked with the BladeForums logo!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Buck Custom Shop 119, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Apil 20; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Mini Sheffield style Bowie (sold)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by Alan Warren Knives, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Alan Warren Knives

Alan Warren Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 31, 2009
    Hello Folks, This is my first post since moving to Idaho. This blade was ground and heat treated in Oregon, but assembled here in Idaho Falls. Hope you like what you see.

Blade is CPM 154 .163 thick, and 5.25 tip to guard. O/A is 9.7 Heat treated with cryo quench and double tempered. Polished and then finished with 2000 grit. Full flat grind.

Guard is 416 very carefully silver soldered. Fillet is full and uniform all around with NO pin holes.

Handle is Sambar stag with an accent of Fossil Walrus, thin brass, and thin black G10. Fittings are 416 stainless. Very solid construction. Feels fantastic in hand.

Sheath is hand tooled and hand stitched 8-9 ounce leather. The knife is held secure yet is quick to deploy. A keeper strap can be added if desired. I do all my own leather work.

Asking (sold) shipped in the USA. My paypal is [email protected]
    Thanks for looking. Alan

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    Phill50, Allen207, Dawkind and 12 others like this.
  2. Methuselah

Methuselah Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2015
    love it ............a work of art.........:).

3. Alan Warren Knives

Alan Warren Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 31, 2009
    Thank you Sir.

4. Carl Colson

Carl Colson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 4, 2016
    Very Nice Alan! Good to see some of your Stuff again!!!:thumbsup:

5. Alan Warren Knives

Dec 31, 2009
    Thanks Carl,

Moving is hell. Thought I would go crazy not working on a knife for so long.

6. kagato82

kagato82 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Beautiful knife Alan!

7. Alan Warren Knives

Dec 31, 2009
    Thanks Kagato82

8. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Every American cowboy should have one of these.

Uncle Timbo likes this.
  9. Alan Warren Knives

Dec 31, 2009
    Thanks cbach8tw,

10. Mink

Mink Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Absolutely gorgeous

11. Alan Warren Knives

Dec 31, 2009
    Thanks Mink.

12. ONeill

ONeill KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 15, 2007
    Good to see you up and running Alan , the knife is a beauty with the new location makers mark and all . Moving may be hell but it was good for you to get out of where you were .

13. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    Stunning knife, good to see back Alan.

14. Alan Warren Knives

Dec 31, 2009
    Thanks Jack and Scott. I appreciate it.

15. lacticacid

lacticacid Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 12, 2008
    One of the nicest Bowies I've seen on this site in a while.

16. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017
    Awesome knife Allan love the design. Glad you up and running again iv missed seeing
    Your work!!

17. Alan Warren Knives

Dec 31, 2009
    Thank you Lacticacid, and The Shatz. Much appreciated.

18. ArchVV

ArchVV Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Mr. Warren, if this is still available, I will take it.

19. Alan Warren Knives

Dec 31, 2009
    It is still available ArchVV, and it is yours.
    Much appreciated.

20. ArchVV

ArchVV Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Payment sent.