1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Mistakes

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by Hickory n steel, Jun 19, 2019.

1. katanas

katanas

Jan 6, 2012
    Figures. :rolleyes: ;)

craytab likes this.
  2. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    It's a great little modern import knife! I've been carrying it for about a month. Like many knives, I've got some complaints but not nearly enough to not recommend the thing. I'm putting together a review so look for that in the review section.

As for the op, so long as you learn from your mistakes, it's all good.

Insipid Moniker and marcinek like this.
  3. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    33 bucks is just staggeringly inexpensive for what looks like a decent knife. I see junk knives all the time that are 2-5X the price.

Real eye catcher.

Insipid Moniker and katanas like this.
  4. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Shows you're reading the posts. :D

Hairy Clipper and marcinek like this.
  5. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    Back to that subject there is a bit of advice that newer folks often ignore..."Read more, post less." Oft times people take that as "Shut up," but that is rarely the intent.

It typically means "We don't know you new person, but the fact you seem compelled to spout "facts" incessantly to the most experienced and knowledgeable knife users on the planet isn't serving you well."

I have always seen that the folks here appreciate when people love their knives and folks here are always happy to answer questions...especially for new folks here and folks here just getting into knives.

They don't seem to appreciate new folks barging in and telling everybody what's what.

Just my two cents after having been here a while.

Insipid Moniker and craytab like this.
  6. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    Or the folks who thought the thread was about tablets weren't! :D

7. 22-rimfire

Nov 20, 2005
    It is a mult-faceted thread from my point of view. I thought suggesting a tablet would reduce the "mistakes" on forums. The rifle thing was an analogy. And I agree that many don't like new folks that "barge in" and tell everyone "what's what" and it's their way or the highway. However, life's too short to worry about such things and sometimes strong opinions expressed make the forums fun.

marcinek likes this.
  8. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    It doesn't for me!

9. 22-rimfire

Nov 20, 2005
    I doesn't for me either, but they sure beat a smartphone for this kind of thing. The problem with this thread is that it is not really about knives and should probably be posted over in the community forum that most don't visit.

Hairy Clipper and marcinek like this.
  10. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    Agreed on "Community."

Though I don't think, personally, that if a subforum doesn't get enough traffic, that allows you to post that should go there in GKD. In my opinion.

11. slyraven

slyraven

Feb 19, 2019
    Yea, its natural to be negative in threads where you right out the gate hate the subject matter, so its very smart to not really go in there. Its like, going to church as an atheist, all yer gonna do is ruffle feathers lol

But, in the right context, challenging what other people like can be an ok thing, as long as its respectful. You could change some minds, who knows

12. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    This thread has gotten off topic, but I guess it was bound to happen.

Community was probably the better place to post this, but I figured I had done the most damage her in GKD so that's where I wanted to apologize.

Oh and as far as the tablet goes, that might be a good idea.
    The WiFi only ones can be fairly inexpensive, and with that hopefully I'll be able to type better and it may not have the issue with this forum that my phone does.

Thanks for the suggestion , I'll look into it.

13. Sonnydaze

Sonnydaze Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Quite obviously correct...IMO. :)

miso2 likes this.
  14. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    When "...the lion shall eat straw..." . ;)

15. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    The mods here will only act efficiently someday in the distant future when "The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock;"?

I'm sorry you feel bullied and ill-treated by the mod staff. I find they do an even handed and professional job.

When you objected I assumed you were talking about some members you had an issue with.

Insipid Moniker and craytab like this.
  16. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    "With a smiling cheek " you twist my words .

17. USMCPOP

USMCPOP

Jan 6, 2016
    Always look on the bright side of life - Cheerios.

18. USMCPOP

USMCPOP

Jan 6, 2016
    Attitude? Attitude!

"You talkin' to me?"

"It's the wrong tone."

"Lighten up."

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    Hairy Clipper and DocJD like this.
  19. specgrade

specgrade Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Damn, now I have to get a Ruike Hussar, just to find out I don't like it? Kinda funny how that happen with the Kershaw Atmos.

20. USMCPOP

USMCPOP

Jan 6, 2016
    Ruike Hussar ...

Very nice knife. Opens so easily that I'm afraid to carry it in my pocket.